Author Topic: Anyone built a help page or tutorial for the beta or recent SVN?  (Read 4051 times)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Has anyone done any online help or tutorials on Roundcube that we might be able to leverage? We rolled our users to RC over the weekend, and some appear to be struggling more than we anticipated. I know that the "help" plugin can open a tutorial or map-of-page elements inside an iFrame, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly in the SVN we are using (r3788), and I don't
have anything pre-built to show them anyway.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline corbosman

Anyone built a help page or tutorial for the beta or recent SVN?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:26:12 AM »
Welcome to my world :)   I think most people lurking here have no problem understanding RC, because we all understand the fundamental blocks that go on behind the scenes.  

I would say the bulk of our end users dont. They just want to read email, and are struggling to understand how things work. Especially modern UI elements like dragging and dropping are daunting. They just dont even begin to think about it. Once we explain, they go 'oooooohhh,  how pretty'. But to get them to that step without hand holding is tiring.

Also, some of the smaller icons take a while to find for many users.

I have a working beta version of my UI help plugin. I can try and patch it up and release a beta today if you think it could help you. For now it only shows help for the mail interface though. (not addressbook, settings, etc)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Anyone built a help page or tutorial for the beta or recent SVN?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
I'll throw this on one of my pre-production instances and test it out.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA