Author Topic: problems with umlaute in default IMAP-Folders  (Read 5816 times)

Offline mst

problems with umlaute in default IMAP-Folders
« on: April 29, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »
Hello,

i'm new in this forum and i'm a german therefore my english is not very good, please apologise.

I'm using 1und1 (1&1) service provider. There i have IMAP mail postbox. The default IMAP-Folders are named 'INBOX', 'Gesendet', 'Entwürfe' and 'Gelöscht'.

Gesendet (means sent)
Entwürfe (means drafts)
Gelöscht (means trash)

I edit the file main.inc.php as shown:

$rcmail_config['drafts_mbox'] = 'Entwürfe';
$rcmail_config['junk_mbox'] = 'Spam';
$rcmail_config['sent_mbox'] = 'Gesendet';
$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = 'Gelöscht';
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Entwürfe', 'Gesendet', 'Spam', 'Gelöscht');

The Folders 'Spam' and 'Gesendet' works fine, but the Folders 'Entwürfe' and 'Gelöscht' doesn't work.

When i want to delete a mail, a msgbox like 'message can not be deleted' is shown and the mail is anymore in INBOX. The same procedure is when i want to save a draft.
It seems, that the two folders 'Gelöscht' (for trash) and 'Entwürfe' (for drafts) can not correctly assigned by roundcube.

These two folders are shown in folderlist (on the left side) correcty (with umlaute), but when i want to delete a mail or save a draft, they are not used.

Can anyone help me, how i have to edit the main.inc.php, so that folders with german umlaut works.

Normal emails with german umlaute works fine.

Thanks a lot.
mst

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »
Hello and welcome mst!!

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber ich bin mehr kommod mit English ;)

Your english is fine.  I have but one question:

Is it possible that they're using a language translation for folder name display?  I.e. in the mail server it's listed as "trash" but because you're using Deutsch as your language, it translates it to Gelöscht.

This could be a limitation of RoundCube's IMAP implementation.  It may not yet fully support UTF-8; although, I think it does.

My suggestion is to ask your host what the name of the folder on the server really is.  If it indeed has the umlaut, then perhaps a bug-request is in order (if you're using 0.1.1) or perhaps an upgrade before a bug report.

Offline mst

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:00:38 AM »
Hello,

thanks for the fast answer.

I had contact with the 1und1-Support yet and he told me that the really folder names are 'Gelöscht' and 'Entwürfe'. There is no language translation for folder name display.

The Folders are also shown in roundcube correcty (with umlaute). I can move a mail by drag and drop into these folders too. But i can not use the Buttons 'delete' or 'save as draft'. Then appears a message like 'message cannot be moved'.

Thanks a lot for every answer.
mst

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
Well unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.  What I can do is submit a ticket about this; however, I can't guarantee when it will be fixed.

Offline mst

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »
Hello,

i think i have found the answer by myself. When i moved above the folder 'Gelöscht' or 'Entwürfe' the following link was shown in statusbar of my browser:

http://webmail.xyz.de/?_task=mail&_mbox=Gel&APY-scht
or
http://webmail.xyz.de/?_task=mail&_mbox=Entw&APw-rfe

Then i have a idea. I edit the main.inc.php like this:

$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = 'Gel&APY-scht';
$rcmail_config['drafts_mbox'] = 'Entw&APw-rfe';
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Entw&APw-rfe', 'Gesendet', 'Spam', 'Gel&APY-scht');

and it works fine. When i delete a mail with the 'Delete-Button', it was moved in the Folder 'Gelöscht'. The same procedure when i will save an email as draft.
By pressing the 'Save as Draft-Button' the mail was stored in 'Entwürfe'.

Then my Problem is fixed. :):):)

Thanks for all answers anyway.
mst

Offline gunnarh

• http://www.hitco.at/
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »
I use Roundcube v0.4 Stable and your hint (Foldernames Entw&APw-rfe and Gel&APY-scht) did not work for me (I use dovecot als IMAP Server on Debian Lenny).

The Solution is, to use regular Umlaute but save the main.inc.php as "UTF-8 without BOM".

$rcmail_config['drafts_mbox'] = 'Entwürfe';
$rcmail_config['junk_mbox'] = 'Spam';
$rcmail_config['sent_mbox'] = 'Gesendet';
$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = 'Gelöscht';
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Entwürfe', 'Gesendet', 'Spam', 'Gelöscht');

=> I used notepad++ to convert the File to "UTF-8 without BOM" => Works!