Author Topic: Allowed memory size error in imap.inc  (Read 8156 times)

Offline Jonn3

Allowed memory size error in imap.inc
« on: October 16, 2006, 02:57:24 AM »
Hey guys. I've been searching up and down for this error in the forums and in google, I've had no luck fixing it, so I thought I should post it here. It only happens when I try to access Folders under Personal Settings.
I've also tried increasing the memory size in php.ini, but nothing seems to do it.

Using svn 360

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1025 bytes) in /var/www/htdocs/mail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 431

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information...

I would also like to add that the login time takes about 10-15 seconds, I have no further information on this atm, nothing special in my logs either. is this normal or could it be my server setup? just thought I'd mention it if anyone knows anything about this experience, I'd be glad to get some feedback.

BTW, Roundcube ROCKS!

Offline Jonn3

Re: Allowed memory size error in imap.inc
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:54:13 PM »
Is this error so obvious that I should see the problem?
Haven't anyone had this error before? Or is this project dumped?

Offline mezoko

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 06:25:12 AM »
I also have a similar problem. I am unable to view any emails that have an attachment. This what I get in the error:
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7525418 bytes) in /home/www/vhosts/roundcube.mezoko.net/program/lib/imap.inc on line 1901

Offline Scine

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 04:02:39 PM »
I am having the exact same issue. Anyone have any ideas? Other then that, I LOVE roundcube!

Offline Scine

Re: Allowed memory size error in imap.inc - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
I resolved this issue with a bit of guidance from another post. In it, the guy (his name escapes me at the moment, but thank you regardless!) tells you to put this line in your index.php file

ini_set("memory_limit", "16M");

I did that and it did not resolve my issue. However, I upped the memory from 16M to 64M and it worked like a charm. Granted, I have tons of memory in this machine (Debian with 2gb of ram and only 40 users), so it's not like I'll run into memory issues (crosses fingers. :) ) Anyways, here's what mine looks like.

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL&~E_NOTICE);

Right below the above line, I put this line below it.

ini_set("memory_limit", "64M");

So it looks like this

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL&~E_NOTICE);
ini_set("memory_limit", "64M");

Hope that helps!!

Offline sunnydt

Allowed memory size error in imap.inc
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 03:29:36 PM »
Thanks that worked for me too however in the latest releases this file is now roundcube/program/include/iniset.php