Author Topic: outlook 2007  (Read 5877 times)

Offline jimlee

outlook 2007
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »
siteground is my my mail server. I am using outlook 2007 and can send and receive email fine. in Roundcube and other web based emails I see all  email sent to me in the inbox that come in , but none of the emails that I am sending from outlook show up in the send folders. Can anyone help ? thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:52:26 PM by jimlee »

Offline dziobak

outlook 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »
create am imap account in outlook (not pop3).

Offline jimlee

outlook 2007
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
Not what I want or need those features. Any other help or any one know why it does not work, works fine for gmail and other mail servers?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
outlook 2007
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 08:25:18 PM »
Unless Outlook is set up and properly configured for IMAP, it saves sent mail on your local computer, not the mail server. No web client can see the sent mail on your local computer.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jimlee

outlook 2007
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »
Quote from: ABerglund;29367
Unless Outlook is set up and properly configured for IMAP, it saves sent mail on your local computer, not the mail server. No web client can see the sent mail on your local computer.

The gmail account I have in outlook 2007 is not set up for imap and all the mail i send is saved and shown in my gmail sent folder on my web gmail account.
I don't have much knowledge here but is seems like if  outlook is using the server where the email account is setup to send emails then the email should be able to be  saved there, I know it is on gmail.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 11:45:32 AM by skaero »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
outlook 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
If there are showing up in GMail they should be show up in RoundCube. But from my experience they wont show up in GMail, I'd recommend just changing Outlook over to IMAP.

Offline jimlee

outlook 2007
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
thanks, but I don't like or want to use IMAP I have several other pop accounts with gmail and the sent folders on gmail all  show all the sent mail I send out from outlook 2007 and the account is pop for sure.  Must be some setting in siteground I can't seem to figure out how to create a ticket in siteground to ask, I did do this same post on the siteground user forum but no one seems to know what is up, seems like this would be a common question.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
outlook 2007
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 01:07:10 PM »
Probably not that common, as Outlook is not commonly used by the general public (non-Exchange users).
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jimlee

outlook 2007
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »
Ok thanks just tested my gmail again to make sure it was doing what I said.
it is  pop account and I sent a message to some else  using outlook 2007 and that sent message is showing up in my sent gmail folder just like 100's of other ones I sent out using outlook POP gmail account.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
outlook 2007
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 01:54:23 PM »
That tells me that Gmail is putting a copy in a server-side Sent folder for you as it relays the message. Outlook can not directly save messages to a remote POP server.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jimlee

outlook 2007
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »
Quote from: ABerglund;29402
That tells me that Gmail is putting a copy in a server-side Sent folder for you as it relays the message. Outlook can not directly save messages to a remote POP server.

yes that is it for sure, I guess siteground does not support that or least I can't seem to find out if there is an option to do that, I don't see it anywhere in the email setup and configuration.