Author Topic: New Skin for Roundcube, LiteCube  (Read 74065 times)

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
New Skin for Roundcube, LiteCube
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »
Here's a screenshot of the new upcoming roundcube skin we will be releasing soon. It's called LiteCube, designed for Roundcube 0.4-stable. It's a clean, simple and easy to use GUI. You can view screenshots and get updates here: Roundcubeskins.net

It will be free for personal use and we will be offering support and upgrade packages for those that need it.

This will be a supported and maintained by NutsMail. We have different designs in production which "LiteCube" is our first release.

We're shooting to have it ready by the end of August. If you're interested in Beta testing the skin just leave a reply here or PM me.

I hope you enjoy it.
Roundcube Skins and Plugins
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »
It looks good, good luck getting it finished.

Offline dpolombo

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »
It looks really great, and I'm eager to give it a try!

Offline strictlydata

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »
What are you going to charge for the skin?

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 03:14:15 AM »
It will be a free download for personal use and we will have a support package for businesses. Most businesses need better support and if the skin is used in a production environment for paying customers it will give them peace of mind that there's a support team behind it for trouble shooting and upgrades. For that we will probably charge a yearly license fee somewhere in the ball park of $49/server.

Thanks dpolombo and SKaero for your compliments. We'll make sure you get the first copies. :)
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline horfic

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 04:08:35 AM »
Well it is a nice design, but what I can see on the screenshot is, that it wouldn't have anoth space for more tabs, e.g. when you use the notes and calendar plugin. Of course I don't know the resolution which was used, but you guys might want to consider that.

Looks like one tab extra would work, but two? Might be crowded.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 04:36:46 AM »
Quote from: cyberdan;29418
Thanks dpolombo and SKaero for your compliments. We'll make sure you get the first copies. :)

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 05:22:03 AM »
Quote from: horfic;29420
Well it is a nice design, but what I can see on the screenshot is, that it wouldn't have anoth space for more tabs, e.g. when you use the notes and calendar plugin. Of course I don't know the resolution which was used, but you guys might want to consider that.

Looks like one tab extra would work, but two? Might be crowded.

Good observation. At the moment we're concentrating on the basic layout but I'm sure we will have plenty to tweak as we go along. Moving the search box above the tabs should fix that issue, thanks for pointing that out.
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline adambarrell

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »
The theme looks great, good to see your offering a free skin along with your premium.

Offline mustang

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
Dear Cyberdan,

Im interested in Beta testing. mustang[at]mordamus.nl

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
Quote from: mustang;29433
Dear Cyberdan,

Im interested in Beta testing. mustang[at]mordamus.nl

Sure thing Mustang, I'll add you to the list.
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 05:04:14 PM »
As a prior Nutsmail (squirrel-based, now retired system) user, I'd be interested in looking at it too. Have several testing installs (most now on 0.4-stable) to run it on.

My experience with RC skins is that the basic stuff is easy - it's the added plugins that are a problem.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline cmuser

Brilliant skin! Lite cube
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
Hi,
Just wanted to say that from what I can see so far, LiteCube looks great! Keep up the good work - looking forward to seeing it released.

I do have a request, if possible. One issue we've been faced with the current RoundCube interface is users not being able to efficiently located the "New Folder" for adding a new folder. I am finding a lot of users taking a very long time to work out how to create a folder and are getting very frustrated.

Perhaps a suggestion would be to have/create a "New Folder" text link directly below the last folder displayed on the left hand side folder list, similar to what is seem in "Hotmail"/"Live Mail" were a "New Folder" text link is clearly display directly below the list of folders on the left hand side.

The same issue goes for adding a 'GROUP' contact - not very straight forward via a little "+" symbol at the far bottom left hand side. Something like that should perhaps be moved up the top next to the "Add New Contact" icon/link. I obviously haven't seem your internal pages for Address Book, but this is just a suggestion.

I hope this helps.
Many thanks.

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 09:29:34 AM »
It's a good time to get suggestions as we're still developing and it's easier to change things at this stage. We'll add your 2 suggestions to the design cmuser.

As far as plugins go which ones are the most used or necessary and would affect the layout?
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline dziobak

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 09:37:20 AM »
how can I get it for testing?