Author Topic: Signature at the TOP of the reply message  (Read 4787 times)

Offline jaclyn1248

Signature at the TOP of the reply message
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »
Hi there, I'm new and not very techy savvy so any assistance would be helpful. I would like to have my email signature to sit at the top of a reply email instead of defaulting to the bottom each time. I keep having to scroll down, copy, and paste to the top. I understand that it's supposed to be down there but if someone could help me permanently make it at the top of reply messages, that would be great!

I did research a little and found some codes but I don't even know where to put them. Any "idiot proof" directions would be great :) THANK YOU!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:21:11 PM »
Go to Settings->Composing Messages and set When replying to "start new message above original"

Offline SleepyJohn

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »
Then further down that page you can set the signature to go below or above the quoted text to which you are replying.

Offline jaclyn1248

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »
I went to the 'composing messages' setting and there were only 3 options to change around and none of them said anything about "when replying to". There isn't anything to scroll down to either. Any additional advice/help? Thank you!

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 11:29:53 AM »
What version Roundcube do you have? That option was added after version 0.3.1, so you may need to upgrade to version 0.4-stable to address this.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jaclyn1248

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
I'm not sure what version- I'm just using the one that my website designer gave me. Can you show me where I need to go to upgrade to that version?

Offline SleepyJohn

Go here
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »
Roundcube - Free webmail for the masses

read the file UPGRADE carefully when you extract the files

0.4 is well worth the upgrade

Or ask your designer to upgrade it if you are not confident

Offline jaclyn1248

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
It isn't downloading correctly- does anyone know a different way to get the signature above the reply message automatically without having to upgrade? I some another post that had some sort of code, can anyone explain that?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »
Quote from: jaclyn1248;29677
It isn't downloading correctly- does anyone know a different way to get the signature above the reply message automatically without having to upgrade? I some another post that had some sort of code, can anyone explain that?
That's harder than the upgrade, requires shell access to the server to hand edit various javascript files, and the exact edits you would need to make will depend on the version. If you have that kind of server access, the upgrade is simpler, and will add several other improvements besides the additional signature option.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA