Author Topic: [actually 0.4 Stable] Call to undefined method rcmail::init_json()  (Read 3136 times)

Offline JasonR

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I've been running Roundcube 0.2 Alpha for some time and finally made the effort to upgrade.  The documentation was clear and very helpful, and I had no trouble modifying the database, config files, etc.  Some dependencies were a little difficult, particuarly the "json" extension which I believe I'm currently fighting with.

Server runs CentOS 5.5 with php 5.1.6, so I followed these instructions to install json support: PHP: Installation - Manual

The installer was satisfied and I've manually confirmed that the extension is loaded:
Code: [Select]

[root@localhost src]# php -i | grep 'json'
/etc/php.d/json.ini,
json
json support => enabled
json version => 1.2.1

The installation seemed to complete fine (including tests of both SMTP and IMAP) but when I attempt to login, the screen just refreshes back to the login form immediately.  The only error I can find is this in roundcube's error file:
Code: [Select]

[27-Aug-2010 14:17:55] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method rcmail::init_json() in /var/www/roundcubemail/index.php on line 54

Is this implementation of the json extension not adequate or incorrectly installed?  I'm kind of at a loss.  :(

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
[actually 0.4 Stable] Call to undefined method rcmail::init_json()
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:53:25 PM »
There isn't a call to init_json() in the index.php in RoundCube version 0.4 but there was in RoundCube version 0.2 Alpha. I going to guess the index.php file wasn't replaced with the new version.

Offline JasonR

[actually 0.4 Stable] Call to undefined method rcmail::init_json()
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:41:51 AM »
Quote from: skaero;29715
There isn't a call to init_json() in the index.php in RoundCube version 0.4 but there was in RoundCube version 0.2 Alpha. I going to guess the index.php file wasn't replaced with the new version.

Thank you!  Kind of funny to get the hard parts working fine but slip up on the most minor aspect of upgrading.  :stupid:

It's working great now!