Author Topic: dbmail forwards  (Read 5942 times)

Offline richcarroll

dbmail forwards
« on: September 03, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
I have set up a dbmail mail server and am using roundcube as my webmail client. I can change passwords but am having problems finding a way to allow the users to manage their forwards. Has anyone made a plugin to do this? or point me towards a plugin that I can easily hack to make work for dbmail?

Thanks
rich

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
dbmail forwards
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:12:42 AM »
If I understand dbmail its just a storage layer you would need to setup forwarding with your MTA (Postfix, SendMail, QMail, Exim).

Offline richcarroll

dbmail forwards
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:02:26 AM »
Postfix interfaces directly with MySQL or PostgreSQL to check for aliases before sending mail to dbmail. All the aliases are stored in the aliases table. they are mapped to internal mailboxes or external email addresses. I can add them through the command line or strait into the db. I can already add them through an admin tool I built to manage the mailboxes. Its pretty simple if there was already a plugin that was sql based to manage aliases I am sure I could modify it to my needs. The only plugin I have found so far is an hmail plug in but from my limited understanding of how plug ins work it appears to be not what I am looking for.

rich

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
dbmail forwards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:37:24 AM »
Maybe this would be of use then http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/