Author Topic: Duplicated user entries when upgrading  (Read 3650 times)

Offline mark_valley

Duplicated user entries when upgrading
« on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »
Good day,

Last thurstday i upgraded roundcube 0.3.1 to 0.4.1 version following the instructions at "UPGRADING" guide, without any configuration changes. We use postgresql 8.3.

After that, some random users are complaining about losing information such as contacts and signatures.

Taking a look at the database (at "users" table), i noticed that this users now have a duplicate entry :o (with two IDs) and all information at tables like identities and contacts are pointing to the older user_id. The figure below is an example about what i am talking about:

We have more than 2000 users and some of then got very pissed off with this situation :p so a had to restore an older database and got back to 0.3.1 version.

I would like to know is any other people had the same problem and if there is something i can do to solve it and finally upgrade.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:49:28 AM by mark_valley »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:34:59 AM »
What database are you use, it doesn't seam to be mysql.

Offline mark_valley

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »
Forgot to say that: Postgresql  8.3

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
Can you run an SQL log when one of the user that gets a duplicate entry in the database logs into 0.4.1 for the first time after the upgrade.

Offline mark_valley

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »
It will just take a little bit to exporte the 0.4.1 database to a non-production machine an adjust the configurations. Will show the results as soon as i do it.

Quote from: skaero;30527
Can you run an SQL log when one of the user that gets a duplicate entry in the database logs into 0.4.1 for the first time after the upgrade.