Release Support > Pending Issues

How to completely change message list?

(1/3) > >>

nbaumann:
Hey,

I would like to completely restructure the message list. Could anyone point me in the right direction in terms of what files to edit? I've looked into the mail.html template, but that doesn't really allow me to do much, ie. the message list is a roundcube object.

What I would like to do is get rid of the table structure. I don't want a traditional vertical list, I want a horizontal one, kind of like a timeline.

Thanks for your help.

SKaero:
The message list object is compiled in /program/steps/mail/func.inc in the function rcmail_message_list. Your project sounds interesting I would like to see what you end up with.

nbaumann:
Yeah I've looked at that function and I tried to change the td/tr/tbody tags to other tags, and nothing displayed in the message list. Are these the only two pieces of code which generate the template for the message list? Where is the actual table rendered?

Yeah, we're looking into a completely new way of displaying emails, a completely new interface. Essentially a timeline built around priority and other factors associated with an email and we also plan on incorporating other streams of communication such Facebook, Twitter etc...

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

JohnDoh:
The list of messages for a folder is ajax'd in after the page has loaded so you need to rewrite the add_message_row JS function to make it play with something that wasn't a table.

SKaero:
The base table is created in the rcmail_message_list function but as JohnDoh pointed out the messages are actually in the JavaScript. You will most likely need to edit both parts. The table is rendered in the rcmail_message_list function, for example:

--- Code: ---html::tag('td', array('class' => $cell['className'], 'id' => $cell['id']), $cell['html'])
--- End code ---
Outputs:

--- Code: ---$cell['html']
--- End code ---
Its in a foreach loop that makes all of the td's and then puts them the thead witch goes into the table tag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version