Author Topic: timezone error  (Read 3799 times)

Offline cbrace

timezone error
« on: September 30, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
Hi all,

I have been using various versions of roundcube under FreeBSD for some time and never encountered the following problem, only under Fedora.

I recently installed v.0.4 under Fedora 13 running Apache. It runs fine but I keep getting this error message:

Code: [Select]
PHP Warning:  getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/www/html/roundcubemail-0.4/program/include/main.inc on line 984

The thing is, it is generated EVERYTIME PHP is called, hence dozens of times per screen refresh. Several times now, my /var partition has run out of space because of HUGE error logs, hundreds of megabyes in size, from just a few days, with almost only this message.

FWIW: When I run the installer, is see this warning:

Code: [Select]
date.timezone:  NOT OK(Could be set)

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,

-Colin

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
timezone error
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 10:19:49 AM »
Make sure date.timezone is set in the php.ini

Offline cbrace

timezone error
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:54:31 PM »
Thanks, that seems to fix it.

The weird thing is that the timezone isn't defined in php.ini on my FreeBSD server, and I've never seen this error message on that system. The Fedora php must be compiled with different options.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
timezone error
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »
Its most likely a differences in the error_reporting option in the php.ini