Author Topic: installation of the password plugin  (Read 7365 times)

Offline funkyduck

installation of the password plugin
« on: October 05, 2010, 04:29:32 AM »
Hey,

I am Dutch, so English is not my first language. I'll try to explain my problem clear and try to understand you if you want to help me.

I am running hmailserver on my own server with windows 2003 with IIS.
This is working correctly. I am using a mysql database for it, called hmailserver with user hmailserver.

I also installed Roundcube 0.4.1 for the webmail. This is also working correctly. I also made a mysql database voor roundcube called roundcubemail, with user roundcube.

Now I want users to be abel to change there own password.  So I searched and searched and finally I found out that you can activate the password plugin within roundcube.

But I find it really difficult to understand all tutors and readme files.

In //root/config/main.inc.php I put the text "password" like this:

// ----------------------------------
// PLUGINS
// ----------------------------------

// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(password);

Now, I got the "password" tab in my settings.

Then I think I have to change other several settings, but I really tried everything, but I am not able to change passwords. I also studie all password related topics and googled a lot. But sorry, it didn't work out. Pleas help me in this topic.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Offline alec

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:13:37 AM »
What exactly is your problem? Read plugins/password/README file.

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:03:50 AM »
Damn, I did my best so hard to explain.
Did you read my question?

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:05:24 AM »
Is there also maybe an ADMIN controlpanel available for this roundcube? It could eas up the settings instead of hacking the config code :D

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:36:14 AM »
The most important thing is, that users can change their own password of th hmailserver account.

But I really dont know what code I exactly have to hack.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »
If your using hmailserver try using the hmail_password plugin http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »
Quote from: skaero;30578
If your using hmailserver try using the hmail_password plugin myroundcube - Project Hosting on Google Code

also tried that one....

I cannot succeed.

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
again I tried the hmail_password plugin from that suggested site.

I have the possibility to put on data at the settings, account administration. So the plugin is loaded.

But then when I type the new password, I got an error
I got it in dutch, but translated its something like: "There was a fault during the saving".

This is the code I have in installfolder/plugins/hmail_password/config/config.inc.php

/* hmail_password plugin */

// navigation config (requires plugin settings @website myroundcube - Project Hosting on Google Code)
$rcmail_config['settingsnav'][] = array('part' => '', 'locale' => 'settings.password', 'href' => './?_task=settings&_action=plugin.hmail_password', 'onclick' => '', 'descr' => 'hmail_password');

// user needs current password to perform change request
$rcmail_config['password_confirm_current'] = TRUE;

// password min length (min 6 digitis)
$rcmail_config['password_min_length'] = 6;

$rcmail_config['db_hmail_password_dsn'] = 'mysql://hmailserver:databasepassword@localhost/hmailserver?new_link=true';

?>

What am I doing wrong?

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
please anyone help?
I have to fix this. (and I prefer the Password plugin instead of the hmail_password plugin, because of the nicer tab)
I don't want to look for another webmailprogram if not nescesary.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Have you set the right values here:

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_hmail_password_dsn'] = 'mysql://hmailserver:databasepassword@localhost/hmailserver?new_link=true';
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline alec

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:37 AM »
@funkyduck: first of all, if something doesn't work, you should check logs/errors file for error messages.

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
Quote from: Julius Caesar;30611
Have you set the right values here:

Code: [Select]

according to my first post, I think I did this right. But when it's not working, maybe I'm wrong. But, I cannot find out. :-X

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:21 AM »
Quote from: alec;30612
@funkyduck: first of all, if something doesn't work, you should check logs/errors file for error messages.

I deleted the errorlog of 26 MB and retry to change password.

Now I have a small log:

[06-Oct-2010 15:19:22] PHP Warning:  mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\rcmail.php on line 677
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1005
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1009
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1011
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1013
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  mktime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1014
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1043
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1056
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:28] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1056
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:49] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\webmail\program\include\main.inc on line 1135
[06-Oct-2010 15:19:49 +0200]: Plugin hmail_password: Failed to create COM object `hMailServer.Application': Access is denied.
. This problem is often caused by DCOM permissions not being set.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 10:39:07 AM »
Check this thread for more info (3rd post)
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline funkyduck

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
Quote from: Julius Caesar;30617
Check this thread for more info (3rd post)

You know what it was...Im running IIS i had to adjust the DCOM settings for Hmailserver...Here is a link. In the instructions it says to set the internet guest account that doesn't work you have to set IIS_WPG and it works...If anyone is looking. Win2k3 IIS6.

DCOM permissions

I did this. Standard the Internet Guest Account (WEBSERVER\IUSR_WEBSERVER), is allready fully allowed. When I add IIS_WPG group and allow everything, it still not works. For test I added EVERYONE and allow everything. Then it works!

But now, I think EVERYONE will not be the sollution :-X
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:00:16 AM by funkyduck »