Author Topic: Moved message marked for deletion to trash  (Read 5446 times)

Offline kromega

Moved message marked for deletion to trash
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:01:34 AM »
Hi,
I'm using Outlook at home and roundcube when roaming.

Outlook marks deleted email with the appropriate flag and leave them in the inbox.
Roundcube doesn't display them (per config), and move the message I delete in the Trash (per config too).
So far, so good.

The missing "feature" (or config issue?) is that I would like that roundcube move all those "marked for deletion" messages to the trash (as Outlook can't, and I've no hope it will at some point).
I've tried "compact inbox when leaving" feature, but it wipe them completely, instead of moving them to the trash as I'd like to.

Any idea on how to do that ?

Thanks

Fabien

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
The missing "feature" (or config issue?) is that I would like that roundcube move all those "marked for deletion" messages to the trash (as Outlook can't, and I've no hope it will at some point).

you can in outlook 2010. IMO it is dangerous to create 1 client to make up for what someone thinks the short falls in another client is. but i think it is possible to create a plugin to do this.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline kromega

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Good news... but I'm still on 2007.

True, I agree it's not the best thing, but that would help a lot... any volunteer to help on the plug-in ? I can test if......