Author Topic: PLEASE HELP: 1) e-mail order 2) date & time  (Read 3301 times)

Offline skeletal

PLEASE HELP: 1) e-mail order 2) date & time
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »
Hi, I'm a new RoundCube user, please advise on the following:

1) Is there is a way to set up RoundCube webmail such that the order in a chain of e-mails is most recent first, followed by previous e-mails in chronological order?  Currently it's the other way around, which is counterintuitive and different from the way commonly used applications such as Outlook order e-mail chains.  I asked Tech Support at HostMonster to help with this, but they didn't find a solution.

2)  I see that the dates and times for my reply e-mails are not showing.  Incoming e-mails display this info, but not my replies.  Is there a setting that will make the date and time appear for every e-mail?

Thanks much for any insight you can provide on these!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »
1. It sounds like you have your email sorted backwards, just click on the date column to reverse (or correct) the order.
2. Are you saying that there are no dates on emails in the sent box?

Offline skeletal

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
Thanks for replying!  Please see the following additional details and let me know what you think...

1) I'll describe the situation in more detail:  When I reply to an e-mail, my response is at the bottom not the top.  It's the reverse of what I've seen in every other mail program.  The most recent e-mail should be on top, followed by the previous e-mails in chronological order.

2) When I reply to an e-mail and send it, a copy is stored in the Sent folder.  When I review a sent e-mail, the date and time I sent that particular response is not displayed.  Again, this is different from every other mail program I've used, and not having the date and time is a bummer for record keeping.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:08:16 AM »
1. In setting go to Composing Messages and change "When replying" to "start new message above original"
2. I still not sure what you mean, but that maybe because I see the time and date on all of my sent emails, maybe a screen shot would help.

Offline bburg

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:19:06 PM »
Quote from: skeletal;30694

1) Is there is a way to set up RoundCube webmail such that the order in a chain of e-mails is most recent first, followed by previous e-mails in chronological order?  Currently it's the other way around, which is counterintuitive and different from the way commonly used applications such as Outlook order e-mail chains.  I asked Tech Support at HostMonster to help with this, but they didn't find a solution.

2)  I see that the dates and times for my reply e-mails are not showing.  Incoming e-mails display this info, but not my replies.  Is there a setting that will make the date and time appear for every e-mail?

Thanks much for any insight you can provide on these!

Have you already clicked list options? See screenshot.