Author Topic: Select default font and size when editor loads  (Read 3449 times)

Offline akn

Select default font and size when editor loads
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:22:05 AM »
By reason that no default font and size is selected in the drop down boxes, the TinyMCE generates HTML mails with plain text without any formatting.

I just want a certain font and size to be selected when the editor loads so that the first letter I type is already formatted in a certain font/size. Manually it's enough to select font and size from the dropdown box before typing the first letter. Could it be done with javascript?

Otherwise I have to select font and size manually every time I compose HTML emails.

Note: I do NOT just want to change the display on the screen via css but the resulting code!

Offline Loman

Re: Select default font and size when editor loads
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
I know it's an old treat, but the problem is always the same and I found no solution for that in the whole forum / internet. I set the variable in the main.inc.php
$rcmail_config['default_font'] = 'Verdana';
but every new HTML mail is only in plain text without font definition. If I set a font per pull down menu it works. But this is not what I want. It is also possible to set a default font in the user configuration menu. But the same result, there is no font inside the html mail. The default_font works only if I answer to a (html) mail. Then my text is in the font that is set in main.inc.php or user config menu. Why not in a fresh new mail?

I use the new 0.91 version.

Offline Loman

Re: Select default font and size when editor loads
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »
Thank you for your answer. But I don't know what you mean. I know 2 points to set the default font for outgoing html mails. First point is in the settings menu - composing messages - Default font of HTML message = Verdana. The other point is in the main.inc.php
// Default font for composed HTML message.
// Supported values: Andale Mono, Arial, Arial Black, Book Antiqua, Courier New,
// Georgia, Helvetica, Impact, Tahoma, Terminal, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS, Verdana
$rcmail_config['default_font'] = 'Verdana';
But nothing works for me in a new mail. Every new mail has no font type. OK it's possible to set this manual in the drop down menu and it works. But manual ....:-( why not automatically? Please be patient with me I'm not a php coder, only a user with a low level knowledge about php scripting.