Author Topic: jQuery Calendar plugin - other CalDAV Clients  (Read 8384 times)

Offline dvdsmith

jQuery Calendar plugin - other CalDAV Clients
« on: August 17, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »
I looking to implement a Calendar for my Roundcube 0.4stable setup.  What I'm unsure on is the client issue.  If I understand the documentation correctly, I can have a user with Thunderbird with the Lightning plugin sync their calendar against it.  Does this mean other calDAV clients (like the calDAV option on an iPhone) could sync against it as well?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »
No, not yet. Lightning sync is ics based.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline dvdsmith

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »
rosali, thanks for the reply, and the great plugin.  

I read a previous post where they spoke of the using the RC as the "server" and running DaviCAL on the same box, to allow calDAV clients to connect.  I assume they meant that the calendar plugin and DaviCAL would be accessing the same database.  The specs for DaviCAL tell me that database would have to be postgresql.  My current roundcube database is in mysql.  Is there another calDAV server worth using that could run on FreeBSD and use mysql?  fyi, I've explored using gmail as a backend and do not consider it appropriate for my situation, but I can see it as practical for those with very few users.

I'm still learning here, but I'd rather not put my efforts (and spare time) toward a waste of time.  Is this worth doing, or should I put my efforts toward helping with a calDAV backend for the plugin?  I'd appreciate some advice on what calDAV server would best suit, or if I should give up for now.  

Thanks, Dave

Offline DigitalDaz

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:59:44 AM »
Dave, this is exactly where I am looking to go too, with the Caldav client. I have full two way push email sync using z-push, it would be brilliant to be able to take this further.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:05:41 AM by DigitalDaz »

Offline roe1234

Easier Path
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:41:12 PM »
I think there is high demand for integrating RC calendar plugin with CalDAV.  However the easier and more robust path is to keep RC as a client.  It is a webmail client and it would be great if it were a calDAV client.  There are some client libraries available from the Davical project.  Someone with some web programming skills needs to integrate it with one of the calendar projects

Offline bosse

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 06:00:44 AM »
I agree with you. And i would love my RC to be a tiny calDAV client. This DaviCal project looks promising.
Is it possible to recode existing RC calendar plugins in order to use calDav?