Author Topic: 0.4.2 : trheads view and send mails  (Read 3142 times)

Offline vituko

0.4.2 : trheads view and send mails
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:14:48 AM »
Threads work well but I have a doubt about sent mails.

A thread is a conversation : sent and incoming mail. But by default each of these sets are in a diferent folder : sent and inbox, so the threads in each of these folders are incomplete. Have someone a suggestion to this issue? I think that sent mails, when belonging to a thread should appear in this folder (where the thread belongs to). Am I wrong?

Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »
RoundCube uses server side threading so unless the mail server did that I don't really see how it could be done.

Offline vituko

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:29 AM »
Well, Ive seen how it works, with imap threads extension. I dont know the syntax of queries and maybe the server implementation could take care about this (Dovecot in my case). Any way the roundcube imap client could also do recursive queries of headers just to show the full conversations tree and maybe store the relationships in the db (caching).

But for me and now, the fastest workaround I found, was to use INBOX for sent_mbox (and maybe drafts_mbox). It was disabled by default (dont know why), I had to change a file :

program/steps/settings/func.inc -> function rcmail_user_prefs -> case 'folders': -> $select = rcmail_mailbox_select(array('noselection' => '---', 'realnames' => true, 'maxlength' => 30, 'exceptions' => array(/*'INBOX'*/)));

This could have further implications : maybe filters will also now apply to sent mails,... let's see. But conversations are very important for me and yes, just another suggestion : the message view could show the tipical mailing lists buttons : previous/next by date/thread.

Offline vituko

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 03:27:45 AM »
Well, I realized that it wasnt so cool as expected : if I answer a mail that is not in inbox (cause of filters, for example) the answer goes anyway to my inbox. So this small change seems to correct this problem (Ive not really studied the code!!) :

program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc, line 581 :
--> Context :
// Determine which folder to save message
if ($savedraft)
  $store_target = $CONFIG['drafts_mbox'];
else
  $store_target = isset($_POST['_store_target']) ? get_input_value('_store_target', RCUBE_INPUT_POST) : $CONFIG['sent_mbox'];
--> Added :
if ((! empty ($_SESSION['compose']['reply_uid']) || ! empty ($_SESSION['compose']['forward_uid'])) && ! empty ($_SESSION['compose']['mailbox']) && $store_target == 'INBOX')
        $store_target = $_SESSION['compose']['mailbox'] ;

The idea is to store the sent mails, when the preferences are INBOX and we are currently replying or forwarding to a previous message, in its same folder. It should be extended to drafts too... next time.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:13:25 AM »
You should put in a feature request on the trac: http://trac.roundcube.net/

Offline vituko

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:52:38 AM »
Already done.

If someone is interested, theres a plugin (so plugin api) that does the same as the code pasted in this thread : myroundcube - Project Hosting on Google Code its name is saveinsamefolder.