Author Topic: Color coding for emails?  (Read 9029 times)

Offline ckoeber

Color coding for emails?
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »
Feature to allow emails to be color coded would be great.

Regards,
Christopher Koeber

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Color coding for emails?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »
Have you tried out the message highlight plugin Roundcube Plugins | Underwater World

Offline ckoeber

Color coding for emails?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:11:26 PM »
Quote from: skaero;30929
Have you tried out the message highlight plugin Roundcube Plugins | Underwater World

This plugin is pretty good and close to what I would like, thanks. I guess the only option I would try and get with this plugin (by working with the creator) is to incorporate this plugin with the right-click context menu plugin so that people can just right click a message and assign it a color.

Also, I wonder if this feature can be extended to (1) add labels to certain messages and (2) color code folders? That would be on par with GMail and Outlook. If everything I mentioned could then be incorporated into the main view/page in an easy to use manner, that would take Roundcube a level higher, IMHO.

Offline corbosman

Color coding for emails?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:16:03 AM »
The author of the contextmenu plugin is more than welcome to take my source and incorporate it into his plugin. It's open source and all. But I having 2 separate plugins will be difficult. The contextmenu author would have to add hooks for menu items, and then I need to be able to hook in there, and get enough information to know which message(s) are being chosen, and then somehow create a UI for picking what to match on and which color to use.

The second feature would be interesting to explore. But im not sure if it's possible to assign labels to specific emails using IMAP.

What I could try to do is find a place for my color labels (I could add a name for each row in my color labels) and use those to filter msgs, so all you see are say 'the red colored images'. Not sure if the current hooks allow me to easily add such filter options