Author Topic: Filtering  (Read 6973 times)

Offline hipsterdoofus

Filtering
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:25:15 PM »
Hi there - I've dabbled on roundcube once in awhile as a replacement mail client for us.  There were always a thing or two missing but it seems to be closer.

Our provider runs spam assassin that puts information in the headers to mark things as spam...but I'm a bit confused - I see the sieverules stuff - but I don't rightly know what sieve is - I suppose that would be something that our provider may or may not run on our mail server?  Or is that something I would run on my client machine?

Pardon my ignorance and thanks for clarifying.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Filtering
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »
sieve normally runs on the server. there is lots about it on the internet Sieve (mail filtering language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline hipsterdoofus

Filtering
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;30625
sieve normally runs on the server. there is lots about it on the internet Sieve (mail filtering language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ah ...so only way to find out if our provider is running it is just to ask them i guess?

Offline SoonerDude

Filtering
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
So are we out of luck then to use any kind of rules based filtering since our mail server is hosted by our ISP? Would be nice to have the filtering client-side, we are really trying to get away from using a desktop client and Roundcube does everything else we need now that it has the global addressbook and address groups. (I work with the OP). The filtering is our last snag to keep us from using Roundcube now.

Offline akn

Please make it possible to move ***SPAM*** marked messages automatically!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »
Yes, indeed.

A very little Plugin to move ***SPAM*** tagged messages from the inbox into another imap folder automatically would be great, since my provider does not use sieve or anything like this and I am not allowed to change the mailserver configuration.

Offline bburg

Filtering
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
Another vote. :cool: