Author Topic: Is it possible to conceive the word "mail" from RoundCube?  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Deny

Is it possible to conceive the word "mail" from RoundCube?
« on: November 05, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »
One of the reasons I use RoundCube is to get around corporate restrictions on webmail access both in my workplace and at some of our customers, and I've become so dependent on my own RoundCube installs I even keep my business account emails in one of them.

Now recently my company "upgraded" coporate proxy access filtering policies to include any url or request with the word "mail" in any part of the url. Which means:

"http://?task=mail..." doesn't work
mail.css won't load

and so on.

Is there any solution for getting around this problem? I'm trying to rename any files which have to be explicitly referenced like mail.css and fixing references, cut changing the task name from "mail" to something else didn't work at all. Also there are many files with the word "mail" somewhere in the file name, should I just go ahead and kill myself?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Is it possible to conceive the word "mail" from RoundCube?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »
How about using mod_rewrite to mask the url form the firewall? Then all you should have to do is change the mail.css stylesheet in skin files.