Author Topic: Lots of questions about Roundcube and how to use it  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Panda

Lots of questions about Roundcube and how to use it
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:49:07 PM »
I found Roundcube while looking for a way to give visitors to my site an email address. After installing, I wasn't sure this was possible. I did a little more research and found that there is a plugin for this. So, I thought well, I'll leave it installed and give it a chance.

First off, can this email be used to give users a way to register and use this email the same as say someone would Yahoo, hotmail or gmail?

Why does it seem so unuserfriendly (if that's a word) as far as administration? Is there a place to change the installation settings? If so, where? Why isn't there some type of an admin panel to administer users, settings and so forth?

I found the self registration plugin, but how do you install a plugin? I've gone to the plugins folder that was preinstalled with roundcube, but I don't see anyway to activate them or how to use them. Can someone give me some details on how to install and use the plugins? I have searched this site and the wiki and finding things is way too difficult to find answers to my questions. I couldn't get past the forum search captcha, it kept telling me I entered the wrong thing when I didn't.

Thanks in advance for any help on my questions.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:27:33 AM »
RoundCube is only an imap client, you need to add accounts on the imap server. RoundCube so "unuserfriendly" because it doesn't really have anything to administer because it doesn't store any of the email accounts or emails.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:20 AM »
Something to add to the reply from skaero:

Almost all global administration/configuration is done in the ./config/main.inc.php, but there is no GUI for global administration/configuration.

For administration of a plugin, you have to check the plugin folder and read the comments on top of the .php file.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline Panda

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:13:11 AM »
Thank you for your replies. Maybe Roundcube isn't what I was looking for. I did find what I was looking for in a paid version.