Author Topic: Background color of selected emails  (Read 152 times)

Offline rkct

Background color of selected emails
« on: April 16, 2024, 04:22:55 PM »
Hello,

Have been using roundcube for years but just switched to "elastic" version for better display of email titles.
I like it fairly well, but there is one big issue -- the VERY pale blue background color of selected emails is so pale that I can barely see it !!!
Is there some way to alter this?  I use this as my professional webmail through my website hosting company.

Thank you in advance for any help.....
 :)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Background color of selected emails
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 05:22:02 AM »
The Elastic skin has built in support for customization, assuming you are families with Less. See https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/skins/elastic#for-developers. To change the background color for selected list items to red in both light and dark modes you could add the following to your _variables.less file and then recompile the CSS
Code: [Select]
@color-list-selected-background: #FF0000;
@color-dark-list-selected-background: #FF0000;
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline rkct

Re: Background color of selected emails
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 04:22:39 PM »
Hello JohnDoh,

I very much appreciate your response.  I forwarded it to my webhost and unfortunately, they informed me that since I am on a shared server I cannot make this change because it would apply to all others on the same server!  Disappointing!
In case the designers at Roundcube are monitoring this forum and are interested, I'm attaching a comparison of my Roundcube webmail (at top) and my Yahoo mail (at bottom).  In reality it looks like a much lighter pale blue on the screen as opposed to this screen grab -- but you can get the picture.  In fact, under certain lighting conditions I can barely see it at all! -- whereas the Yahoo blue is quite obvious and legible.

Thanks again!