Author Topic: Don't know how to package roundcube from SVN source  (Read 5749 times)

Offline tatalhos

Don't know how to package roundcube from SVN source
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Hello,

I'm willing, for personal porpouse, to develop a new feature in roundcube, it's about adding dynamic skins according to user types, this is, for example, if user is of type A, use skin A; if user is of type B, use skin B; and so on.

I downloaded the SVN version and got it ready to start developing in an IDE, eclipse for PHP developers (not connected to the official repository but my own one), but i don't know how to package the project in tarball (tar.gz) or debian package (deb) formats. Also I don't know how to get the plugins added to my package. By the way, destination server for this development is Ubuntu 9.10.
Finally, if you think eclipse is not the right tool to work with roundcube, I hope you can introduce me to "the official" alternatives to work with.

I hope you people can guide me through this, maybe with tutorials or even by personal contact. I didn't even know to ask for this in the forum or as a ticket in the wiki, I just decided to start here and wait for some enlightment from you.

I hope I can share this feature with the community when it's done and I'm open for any suggestions you might have.

Thank you very much.