Author Topic: IMAP Server Timout  (Read 3150 times)

Offline ludatbooick

IMAP Server Timout
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:54:03 AM »
Hello,

I am having a problem with IMAP server timeouts. If i am logged in to roundcube and am actively using the program sometimes i will be kicked out with an IMAP error. I get this error in the log:

IMAP Error: Could not connect to mydomain.com at port 143: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
 in on line 0

after that i am unable to log in again (with any account) for a few minutes and i have to close and reopen the browser. i looked in my hmailserver logs and there is no entry that the server hung or had any problems. i also checked my apache logs and there was no error reported either.

I am using:
hmailserver 4.4 build 270
apache 2.2.6
roundcube RC1
PHP 5.2.2
MySql 4.1.18

Thanks for any help!

Offline till

Re: IMAP Server Timout
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »
Install a monitor to check the connection between the server roundcube is on and your imap?

Offline hcl

Re: IMAP Server Timout
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:11 AM »
Hi luda,

im sure not familiar with "hmailserver" - but if you have error log "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time"
1. check port 143 is open or not ?
2. check firewall for allow access tcp IMAP /* you can check manual telnet on localhost:143
3. set IMAP server running every booting

"my apache logs and there was no error reported either" apache not IMAP server ;) that a webserver
I'm use RoundCube with:
Linux 2.6.18-8.el5 (Centos 5)
QMAIL 1.03
MySQL 14.12 Distrib 5.0.22
Courier-IMAP-4.0.2
Apache/2.2.3
Clamav 0.91.2 with SIMCAN 1.3.1