Author Topic: SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!  (Read 11878 times)

Offline daashag

Re: SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 05:04:02 PM »
cpanel?

Offline Nickza1

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 02:27:46 AM »
i dont think so....

Offline Nickza1

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 02:32:30 AM »
could someone PLEASE help me with this..

Offline seansan

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 05:17:38 AM »
Did you run the initial.sql file / contents in the phpmyadmin -> SQL window to create the tables in your database?

Offline daashag

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 07:16:48 AM »
The error your getting means your not making a connection to the database which can be caused by several different things.

1 Your connection string is wrong, either your parameters don't match the database you setup and/or your syntax is wrong.
2 You didn't setup your database correctly and/or user privileges to the database. Double check in phpmyadmin that the database exist and the user you setup has all privileges to the database.
3 Your domain name does not resolve or your using the wrong parameters in your connection string.  You can check to see if your domain name is resolving by typing from a command prompt:
nslookup your.domain.com

backend://username:password@domain.com/database

backend = type of database you are using  (I believe that is mysql)
username = username of the user that you gave access to database created for RC - lets call it rc_user
password = password of the that user - lets call it rcpasswd
domain.com = your domain (if your email address is john@foo.com then foo.com would be your domain) you might be able to use localhost instead of domain name
database = the name of the database you setup for RC - lets call itrc_database

hence your connection string would be -
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://rc_user:rcpasswd@foo.com/rc_database';

Offline getz515

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 11:28:30 PM »
I seem to be having this problem. I've read almost 20 different ways to do it, and I still get nothing. I used phpMyAdmin to create the tables. I've looked at the privileges, and for that table (i called it "email") it has the priviledges as Privileges=ALL PRIVILEGES grant=YES Table-specific privileges=YES. Now my string is as follows: (XXXXXX = substituting my accutal password)

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://getz515:XXXXXX@localhost/email';
I've also tried changing "localhost" to "domain.com" (my accutal domain), I've tried changing "domain.com" to "mysql.domain.com", I've tried changing the chmod of db.inc.php from 600 to 644, I've tried doing "yroot_getz515" and "yroot_email", I've tried adding a port after localhost, such as; localhost:3307 (with my accutal domain too). I also understand that this all means that it's having problems connecting to the database, just don't know how to go about fixing it.

Please help, thanks,
Jose

Offline llumeao

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »
Hi,

I have the very same problem, and I am certain the information I gave in my config file are correct
(I have other PHP/MySQL-based software installed on my site and they use the same db)

I have executed the mysql.initial.sql in phpMyAdmin and it completed successfully.

@daashag: some of the instructions you give can be misleading :
When you say that 'domain.com' is 'your domain', what do you really mean ?
In my settings, I supposed 'domain.com' was the name of the MySQL server (and it is completely different from the domain name of my web site or my e-mail address).
Is it correct ?

Regards

Guillaume

Offline llumeao

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 04:39:46 PM »
Well, I inserted a backtrace display in 'bugs.inc' and I gathered that the error is not related to database connection at all.
In my case, it is raised in function 'parse_template' in 'main.inc'

It would have helped if the error message "Error loading template" had been displayed clearly instead of "Error no 1f4"

Actually my problem was related to an aborted FTP transfer : folder 'skins' was missing on the server.

Guillaume

Offline getz515

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 10:20:52 PM »
This is great support btw. ;)

Offline hcl

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 03:15:53 AM »
Quote from: Nickza1
Sorry... i really tried my best to not post a message on this, as there are about 20 different ones already, but nothing on those could help me...

Yes, i have an error after installation: SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!

--
Hi llumeao,

check permission directory 'skin' 'program' 'config' and other directory.
I'm use RoundCube with:
Linux 2.6.18-8.el5 (Centos 5)
QMAIL 1.03
MySQL 14.12 Distrib 5.0.22
Courier-IMAP-4.0.2
Apache/2.2.3
Clamav 0.91.2 with SIMCAN 1.3.1