Author Topic: Roundcube installed - what now?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline dotdoms

Roundcube installed - what now?
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »
Hello,

I just installed roundcube on my server, but when I go to the folder I installed it in now I would keep getting a login form asking me to login. Now basically, how shall I login, when I didn´t even yet register (the mySQL tables that had been initialised at installation only have one entry -> the session that I started when opening the site)?

Despite of that doesn´t there exist any kinda useradministration, where the admin of a roundcube system could administer the email accounts created in roundcube? And what is the php-function/php-file to create mailaccounts?

best regards, dd

Offline zyzzyvas

Re: Roundcube installed - what now?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »
You don't create/administer email accounts with Roundcube. Roundcube is just an IMAP mail client, in the same way that Thunderbird, and Outlook are. It merely connects to your mail server and shows you your mail.

If you entered the proper server info in the config file, you should be able to login by entering your username and password just like you have set up with your desktop mail client.

To create new email accounts, you need to log into your web hosting admin panel (or wherever you created your existing email accounts originally).

Offline dotdoms

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »
so whatfor does roundcube need then all that mysql tables? so basically it´s only viewing my mailboxes on a webpage, but not being usable for a freemailing-service, did I get that correctly?

Offline zyzzyvas

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »
The tables are used to store each user's settings, such as addressbook, time zone preference, number of messages per page, etc. I think it also stores some cached message information to speed up the user interface. But the tables are definitely not your mail store...your actual mail resides on your mail server and is just accessed by Roundcube via IMAP commands.

And yes, Roundcube can only operate on your existing mailboxes.