Author Topic: [0.5rc] Install error - ini_set/set_include_path  (Read 3752 times)

Offline rapid10

[0.5rc] Install error - ini_set/set_include_path
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »
Hi,

i have a server with Confixx on it. Confixx's webmail is very very simple (too simple) so I wanted to install Roundcube.
But there is a problem, and I searched in this forum but not finding a answer.
Code: [Select]
Warning: require_once(main.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/confixx/html/roundcube/installer/index.php on line 17

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'main.inc' (include_path='.:/var/www/confixx/html/include:/var/www/confixx/html:/var/www/confixx/html/PEAR') in /var/www/confixx/html/roundcube/installer/index.php on line 17

And in the root-directory of Roundcube there is this error:
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: ini_set/set_include_path does not work.
I don't know what I should do. I don't know which settings there are in the php.ini. But I think there is the problem.

Many thanks and greetings from Vienna…

Offline jrisberg

Re: [0.5rc] Install error - ini_set/set_include_path
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
My setup:
Plesk 9.5
PHP 5.3.2.1
Fedora Core 8 (I know)
Roundcube .85 installed in place of Horde

After a PHP upgrade broke Roundcube I went in circles with this error until I realized it meant that it couldn't define the include_path because it was already set elsewhere.

The solution in my case was to comment out the four instances of "php_admin_value include_path" in the /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_horde_vhost.conf file and restart apache. This cleared up the error immediately and Roundcube is working perfectly again.

It was frustrating to find many forum posts over the years asking for help with this error and no adequate responses other than the occasional "I fixed it -- nevermind" or "it's not a bug in Roundcube" non-response. Hope this is more helpful.

Joel Risberg
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:26:41 PM by jrisberg »