Author Topic: not possible to unsubscribe from primary folders?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline hunger

not possible to unsubscribe from primary folders?
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
It appears that the primary folders:

• Inbox
  • Drafts
  • Sent
  • Junk
  • Trash

... are automatically subscribed to, and that there is no way to stop Roundcube from subscribing to them (i.e., I see no checkboxes next to those folders in Settings > Folders). I find this annoying because I don't use all of these folders (I really only use Inbox and Sent), and they show up when I check my mail in Thunderbird because they are subscribed to via Roundcube. I can unsubscribe the unwanted folders in Thunderbird, which temporarily solves the problem in Thunderbird, but the folders reappear whenever I check my mail again in Roundcube.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but I'd like it if there was a built-in method to unsubscribe from all folders.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 02:06:51 AM »
take a look thought the config file for protect_default_folders
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline hunger

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
I could be wrong, but I don't believe I have access to the configuration file (I didn't install RoundCube myself; it's provided by my webhost, MidPhase). I don't see any databases related to RoundCube in PHPMyAdmin, and I don't see any folders that appear to be related to RoundCube when I login via FTP. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »
Your webhost has configured those folders as protected. Nothing you as an enduser can do about that. The settings need to be changed in the main.config.php file.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline hunger

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »
Quote from: ABerglund;32672
Your webhost has configured those folders as protected. Nothing you as an enduser can do about that. The settings need to be changed in the main.config.php file.

That's too bad. Would be nice if some of those options could be edited by the enduser.

Offline Silencer

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
This option can be changed, but in your case just by your host. Please contact them (but I doubt that this will be changed just for you) or install RC for yourself if you need full access to all options.