Author Topic: [0.5] roundcube doesn't seem to use the defined connection string -> database error  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Octav

Hi,

I've installed roundcube on my new Debian server last week, but I've got an upsetting problem : roundcube worked fine with lighttpd, mysql, postfix and courier-mysql during a few day. Yesterday, I rebooted the server, and I can't make roundcube access the mysql database since.

The problem seems trivial : roundcube can't connect to the mysql database ("DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!"). But all the settings seem correct :
- roundcube worked before, so the ground configuration seems OK (I've reinstalled it without success, roundcubemail-0.5.tar.gz from sourceforge)
- my mysql server is running  (and has been reinstalled without success), I can access it through a mysql command with roundcube's login and password ; phpmyadmin works fine too
- the MDB2 driver is installed (and has been reinstalled without success)
- the connection string in db.inc.php is OK (it works before, the login and the password are those recorded in the mysql database)
worked 1 week then reboot then bug
- As I've seen in some forum entries, I've tried to put "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost" in the mysql connection string in db.inc.php, without any result

The log entry is very odd though : roundcube seems to use my debian account login instead of the roundcube login (as it is set in db.inc.php) and I can't find why...

Log entry :
[08-Feb-2011 13:46:33 +0100]: DB Error: _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'my_debian_login'@'localhost' (using password: NO)]
[Native code: 1045]
[Native message: Access denied for user 'my_debian_login'@'localhost' (using password: NO)]
 ** mysql(mysql)://roundcube:xxx@localhost/roundcubemail in /var/www/webmail.backup/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 101 (GET /webmail.backup/)

database connection string in db.inc.php :
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:roundcube_password@localhost/roundcube';

Do anybody have any idea?

Thanks,

Octav
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:50:56 PM by Octav »

Offline Octav

After my (too long) enquiry, I've found the culprit :
sql.safe_mode = On
in my php.ini, change that I made (among other) in order to secure my php server. I forgot to restart lighttpd, so I didn't notice the link between the problem and the change I made some days ago...:(
Yet, this problem is over :)

PS:where can I show this thread is solved?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:02:28 AM by Octav »