Author Topic: slow in sending message  (Read 3818 times)

Offline packets

slow in sending message
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
I'm new to Roundcube. I just installed it and everything went fine.

My concern is whenever I send email, it takes 20-40 secs before it will back to Mail. It seems that it was hang for a couple of seconds. But the email was received.

Is there any optimization in Roundcube to make it faster when sending email? I'm using roundcube in a test environment with 1GB of ram and 2.7Ghz Dual core. Load average usually 0.3~0.4

I didn't found any suspicious in logs except for Googie which I disable now. I enable all the logs (smtp,imap,etc.) and didn't found any error

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
slow in sending message
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:35:02 PM »
It depends on the message size how long the delay will be, but you may want to check out the performance guide Howto_Performance ? Roundcube Webmail

Offline packets

slow in sending message
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »
I'm only sending a test message. No fancy content. Even sending an empty message also takes a couple of seconds.

IMAP (dovecot) and Roundcube is running on a single server. I've check the link but applied some of them but still it hang up for a couple of seconds when sending a message. Please be advise that these only happens on sending a message. I don't encounter slow response on any other features of roundcube

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
slow in sending message
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Seems normal to me, first your bowser has to send the data to the server then the server has to construct the email then send it. Are you using SMTP or PHP mail?

Offline packets

slow in sending message
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
Quote from: skaero;33048
Seems normal to me, first your bowser has to send the data to the server then the server has to construct the email then send it. Are you using SMTP or PHP mail?

I'm using php5,dovecot for IMAP and qmail as my MTA. TLS/SSL is disable.

Is this the normal behavior of roundcube that it hang up for 20~40 secs. when sending a message? I already enable verbose logging of my mysql and doesn't found any error.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
slow in sending message
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:52 PM »
20 to 40 seconds is longer then it should take normally, IMAP isn't used to send messages its using either PHP mail or SMTP.

Offline alec

slow in sending message
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:29:07 AM »
Enable smtp_debug and imap_debug and check times in the log. Maybe you'll find on what moment it hangs.