Author Topic: vTiger Integration  (Read 7062 times)

Offline ipa

vTiger Integration
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:08:26 PM »
First I'd like to say what a great app Roundcube seems to be. I've only run the demo for the moment but it looks really promising.

I found Roundcube through several posts on the vtiger.com. For those of you that don't know what vTiger is, its an open source CRM app written in PHP that I use and would like to see improved. The one thing that vTiger really needs is an integrated, fully functional email app. It currently has a built in one but its pretty bad to use and the functionality sucks.

The reason I'm posting here is because many people feel the same way and while I personally would love to see Roundcube integrated into vTiger I also really think it may be in the best interest of Roundcube in the long term.

vTiger has a huge following. If the Roundcube community were to consider integrating their app into vTiger, Ithink that the benifits would be apparent on both sides. Firstly, you would instantly have a huge following since tiger is so well supported and you would end up with more resources from the community at large which in turn would help propel Roundcube at a rate not currently possible. On the flip side, many more people would choose vTiger because of a stable and fully functional email client that is not available from any of their competition. Again Roundcube would benifit from the increased user base.

So, I would humbly request that the Roundcube community and developers consider this request. Some of us would also be happy to donate to the Roundcube developers for their efforts. I would like to start by offering a $500 bounty towards this and others have also pledged.

Roundcube would still remain a standalone app outside of this integration and users of vTiger would also be very comfortable using the stand alone version for their day to day tasks.

I hope I do not offend anyone for placing this post here and I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

Thannks in advance.

Offline Scubes13

Re: vTiger Integration
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »
ipa,

I agree with you in regards to integrating RC and VT. Both are very awesome applications.

I have been using RC from well before the first alpha release. I have had nothing but good things to say about it.

I just recently got involved with vtiger. We loaded it at our office for use as our CRM of choice.

I agree that the current email functionality does suffer a lot. It would be nice to see something as clean and functional as RC in the vtiger product.

We have also posted a bounty on vtiger for such a project integration as this. I can only see good things coming from it.

You can see the thread for the RoundCube discussion at vtiger's forums, here:
http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=11754&highlight=round+cube

Thanks,
Kevin L.

Offline Scubes13

Re: vTiger Integration
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »