Author Topic: Message to user after login  (Read 5224 times)

Offline mark_valley

Message to user after login
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
I am trying to build a plugin to show a predefined message, only once, as a popup to the user just after he access his account.

After searching through documentation and other plugins i figured out it would be a simple task, like a "hello world".

Unfortunatelly i was wrong  and could not make it work.

I have tried to hook with different events such as 'login_after', 'ready' and 'startup'.
My javascript code define a function that simple calls the alert function and add this code as an eventListener to rcmail object.
At my php code i call the eventListener with the message text if action = login.

After some debug i can see that the eventListener is actually called but no popup appears. I also observed that if i call the listener at other moments (just commenting the action = login conditional) the message popup appears. But at the wrong time, and lots of times, of course.

Is there something i am not seeing? Does Roundcube impose some kind of grephic limitation to plugins during some special actions?

Thanks in advance!

Here is the simplified code:

advices.js

function show_advice(message)
{
   alert(message);
}

if (rcmail)
{
    rcmail.addEventListener('plugin.ShowAdvice', show_advice);
}

advices.php

class advices extends rcube_plugin
{
   function init()
   {
      $this->include_script('advices.js');
      $this->add_hook('startup', array($this, 'Advice'));
   }

function Advice($args)
   {
      $RCMAIL = rcmail::get_instance();

if ($args['action'] == 'login')
      {
         $RCMAIL->output->command("plugin.ShowAdvice", 'This is an advice!');
      }

return $args;
   }   
}
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:09:56 AM by mark_valley »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Message to user after login
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
I think the problem your running into is the login action has no visible page, take a look at the new_user_dialog plugin which does a very similar function to what you want to do.