Author Topic: 0.5.1: Unable to configure for/log in to MobileMe IMAP  (Read 3600 times)

Offline tara

0.5.1: Unable to configure for/log in to MobileMe IMAP
« on: February 17, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to configure Roundcube to access my MobileMe/mac.com email account via IMAP and just can't get it to work. I've tried a variety of server domain and port settings and IMAP auth settings, and all I get is this in the error log (with appropriate server and port values):

[17-Feb-2011 11:36:26 -0800]: IMAP Error: Login failed for xxx@mac.com from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Could not connect to mail.me
.com:143: Connection timed out in .../roundcube/program/include/rcube_imap.php on line 183 (POST /rou
ndcube/?_task=login&_action=login)

Also, even though I've enabled IMAP logging in the config file, nothing actually gets logged.

Has anyone been able to set up 0.5.1 with MobileMe on IMAP?

Thanks!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »
I'm guessing that your server is blocking the connection to the MobileMe servers, there for the IMAP connection is never started and nothing shows up in the IMAP log. Ask your host to unblock the MobileMe domain and port.

Offline tara

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »
I contacted my ISP, and they gave me some port numbers to use. I tried those, and I still couldn't connect, with the same error message. Any other ideas?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
MobileMe use IMAP (non ssl) at mail.me.com on port 143, do you have access to the terminal or shell on the server RoundCube is running on?