Author Topic: Moving hoster - how do I move roundcube?  (Read 12531 times)

Offline lizat

• http://www.TheTangoClub.com
Moving hoster - how do I move roundcube?
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
I ahve given up with my hoster and am transferring to a new one. I want to take all my roundcube config and mail acrss to the new hoster, how do I do that. My config includes a few plugins.

thank you....................liz

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »
You just need to copy the database and RoundCube files and then set them up on the new server.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:39 AM »
You just need to copy the database and RoundCube files and then set them up on the new server.

That will move Roundcube but not your email. Moving that is more trickey. You could try connecting up to your IMAP server with a desktop client, downloading all the email and then when you have your new host, connect up to the new IMAP server and copying it all in.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline lizat

• http://www.TheTangoClub.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:35:25 AM »
Thank you Guys,

John, not sure how to do what you are suggesting. My "old" hoster is now not my current one - transfer worked quicker than we expected. Can I still connect e.g. thunderbird, to the old place? I can't seem to make this work....

UPDATE: have managed to do this using the IP address for the server, downloaded all mail and folders successfully! All I have to do now is load them onto new site.

Hooray, & thank you,

Thanks.............. liz
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:02:03 PM by lizat »

Offline Viral

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
I'd also like to move from one hoster to another but I have multiple e-mailaccounts for multiple users; I'd like to move them.. isn't there any way to create a backup of all these emails and put the backup back on the new hoster after copying files and database?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:58 AM »
If your using cPanel its quite easy just do a backup from cPanel and restore it on the new host, other wise you'll need to find where the emails are stored and move them manually.

Offline Viral

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 08:38:37 AM »
OK Thanks, Any(one) experience in converting a CPanel backup to a Direct Admin backup and restoring in Direct Admin?