Author Topic: What method does RoundCube use to fetch email addresses  (Read 6527 times)

Offline VicMatson

What method does RoundCube use to fetch email addresses
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
What method does RoundCube use to fetch email addresses, and secondly, the mail itself? Are they gotten when the client opens? Just seems to be to fast for a bound autocomplete.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:45:29 AM »

do you mean when you are writing an email, the auto complete function in the to box? that is done via AJAX.

the mail itself? Are they gotten when the client opens?

the mail headers are retrived when the mailbox is opened so they can be displayed in the list. the message body is retrieved when a message is opened.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline VicMatson

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:39:03 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;33637
do you mean when you are writing an email, the auto complete function in the to box? that is done via AJAX.

the mail headers are retrived when the mailbox is opened so they can be displayed in the list. the message body is retrieved when a message is opened.
Kind of both, I'm am learning jQuery and I can retrieve an address list for an Autocomplete, that's easy. I am also new to php(use .NET) so I'm asking can I retrieve address when the client mailbox (or my order form) opens and then use that data to bind locally, if so it's all JS and should come off quickly. Currently my autocompletes take about 1500ms.

If so I would think there is a method to get an array with the client at load time, but how.

Actually I have an online ordering app for packages that need to be delivered. And I'm considering using RoundCube in parrellel with my app for job updates and comments for those who do not have a login with my site. What I don't want is for my jQuery Combobox's with autocomplete to be slower to load that RoundCube.

Thanks

Vic

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:35:05 AM »
ahh right I think you might be asking in the wrong place, this forum is for roundcube related stuff not general help with web dev. have you tried doing a search for `javascript autocomplete` or `jquery autocomplete` there are lots and lots of guides and examples out there.

comparing the speed to roundcube is never really going to get you anywhere. it depends on the efficiency of your query and how much data needs to be returned as well as how quick you server is, really lots of different factors
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…