Author Topic: Message list: columns width  (Read 7097 times)

Offline gmichels

Message list: columns width
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:51:37 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about this, so feel free to move it accordingly.

First, an image is worth a 1000 words...

This is 1680x1050. See the space wasted between the Assunto (subject) and Remetente (From) columns. The From column even has some text cut off, while there is plenty of space available on the subject column. Would it be possible for the columns widths to be more "smarter" and adjust themselves according to the screen resolution?

Thanks.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Message list: columns width
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »
The columns should do that already.... my guess is that one of your subjects is padded with a great deal of spaces that you're not seeing. I mean look at messages "[Fwd: orcamento]" and the one below it.

I'd make sure there aren't " " characters there just padding the subject ;)

Offline gmichels

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 01:26:47 PM »
Quote from: Brett
The columns should do that already.... my guess is that one of your subjects is padded with a great deal of spaces that you're not seeing. I mean look at messages "[Fwd: orcamento]" and the one below it.

I'd make sure there aren't " " characters there just padding the subject ;)

I went thru the message list opening the messages sources, and there are no spaces or   characters on any subject.

I think there's some sort of maximum value for a column width. Take a look at these new screenshots:

This is not maximized:

This is maximized:

As you can see, the only column which had the width changed was the subject column. So, what do you think?

Thanks!

Offline bogg

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »
I really don't see the problem...
I think it's logical that the subject column is the only one with variable width...

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »
Well, it's a CSS thing.... if you open the CSS file you'll see an eval() statement for the subject column width. All you have to do is play with that (or make it static) and your problem is solved.

I noticed this too, but it's kind of the typical response that I'd expect. Subject column variable, everything else as wide as the widest item. This way the "message pane" is always almost as large as you can make it.

Offline jdcarr

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 02:18:13 AM »
For me, the message list is perfectly fine; it's the folder view on the left that's too small, especially when you have nested folders. It would be nice if it dynamically resized (or if there was a setting somewhere). If there's an easy way to change the size in the CSS, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason