Author Topic: Microsoft Word Attachment Problem  (Read 12261 times)

Offline othellobloke

Microsoft Word Attachment Problem
« on: November 08, 2006, 02:01:21 PM »
Hi all..

I installed this on a server, which also has roundcube as part of cpanel - the cpanel roundcube doesn't have this problem.

Attachments attach fine, get sent fine etc... but on trying to open a Word document with a .doc extension, it asks me about the encoding to make the file readable.

They won't open, and I don't know how to fix this. Replace the US English folder in the localization folder, but that hasn't worked.

I also added the application/msword mime type thingy to apps.js but that didn't fix it either.

Got four people who can't view some rather important work stuff.

Any help would be excellent. Thanks.

Offline tommie

Re: Microsoft Word Attachment Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Did you try changing your language in the preferences? That helped for us and we narrowed it down to a corrupt localisation file...

Offline othellobloke

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 04:26:36 PM »
Just tried that... all languages and it still didn't work.

Anyone/anything else to try?

Offline othellobloke

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 10:27:49 PM »
I still need help with this.

Anyone PLEASE?

Offline marin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:52:10 AM »
Hi there,

if you still have problems with corrupt attachments when you're working with EN locale then localization is not the problem.
I don't see any relevance here but what I've done too was to remove the onClick javascript from the attachment list links and just leave a link to the attachment (I put in front a index.php so it works) and target="_blank".
This way all that's done is to point the browser to the doc and let it to all the job - mime handling etc (as far as I understand the situation, this is :) ). You can also try this if you want to, other idea - can you run a diff on your two instalations and see the differences ?

Offline othellobloke

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 11:15:21 AM »
Hi there...

That didn't work either. Anything/anyone else PLEASE?

Offline tinus2

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:00:20 PM »
hey othellobloke, have you solved the issue? would be nice to know because I am suffering from the same problem running the latest roundcube v.01 beta2...

Offline othellobloke

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
Hi there...

No I didnt' get it solved - which kinda sucked as I had to stop using Roundcube for about twenty different clients and switch to SquirrelMail.

Offline jpingle

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:44:22 AM »
Are only Word documents being corrupted? Or are other attachment types wrong as well? (You might try zip, pdf, xls, etc and report your results)

You might try using an SVN version to see if the problem has been fixed since 0.1 beta 2. Check the SVN forum for a thread about SVN snapshots that you can download if you do not have access to subversion on your server.

There are a couple related bugs in the trouble ticket system:

http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484094
http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484024

Neither one have gotten a whole lot of response, probably from a lack of information about the problem in general. It would help out a lot if you could do some more testing and let us know what you have already tried.

Offline wetjet43

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 01:43:07 AM »
Strange, I dont have that problem at all... I just CANT SEND ANYTHING! I'm working on it though. What happens if you zip up the .doc file and send it then? Probably goes... ???

Offline othellobloke

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 09:41:31 AM »
It probably does, but that won't solve the problem with clients who send Word documents alone :-/

Offline arvoreen

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 01:55:37 PM »
Yeah, attachments are broken, and no one seems to know how to fix it beyond the localization thing.

I'm having the same problem, mostly noticed with .ZIP files.

Offline daashag

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »
Not that this is any help.  But my attachments work fine. You might try looking at your server configuration.

Offline jpingle

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
I also have no problems with attachments, and none of my users have reported any problems either. I've talked to a couple people who have this problem but I haven't been able to narrow down any specific cause.

Offline arvoreen

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »
Quote from: daashag
Not that this is any help. But my attachments work fine. You might try looking at your server configuration.

Any ideas what configs will cause a zip file to lose some data when saved?

I'd be happy to follow up any leads you may have. :)

A little more info can be found at http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1192.0