Author Topic: [0.5.1] Compose message buttons don't work in Internet Explorer 9  (Read 8594 times)

Offline vibe81

When using Internet Explorer 9 the HTML compose message editor does not seem to work. Also, the "Send" and "Save in draft" buttons causes no effect.

I tried this with Internet Explorer 9 and RoundCube 0.4 as well, and the same problem occurs there.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
[0.5.1] Compose message buttons don't work in Internet Explorer 9
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:33:49 AM »
Its fixed in the SVN.

Offline whoopi

[0.5.1] Compose message buttons don't work in Internet Explorer 9
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
You can click on the "compatible mode" button in IE 9. The sent buttom in RoundCube than works. see picture.

Success!!:D

Greeting,
Marco

Offline jjhunt

Re: [0.5.1] Compose message buttons don't work in Internet Explorer 9
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:47:01 AM »
We have run into this problem running RoundCube 0.4.2.  Is it possible to get patch for this for that older version of RoundCube?  We can't upgrade RoundCube right now as we are transitioning to a new system, but a patch would be helpful.

Thanks for any info,
Jackie Hunt
Colorado State Univ

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »
I don't think anyone has built an IE9 patch for anything that old, and can't imagine anyone putting effort into doing so this far along.

But upgrading roundcube is so simple, I don't see the reason to stay with 0.4.x if it's not working for you now, even if other changes are upcoming. You should be able to upgrade to something well-tested like 0.7.x with maybe 15-20 minutes work, unless you have done a lot of customizations to your 0.4.x install.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jjhunt

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.  I was thinking that was the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I looked into upgrading last summer, but we are on an old OS, with old version of PHP, and both need upgrading before we can update RC.  Then we got the directive from above that mail is moving elsewhere.  So, we are just trying to survive a few more months with our old setup. 

Thanks again, we will use the workarounds for now.

Jackie