Author Topic: First page of subject list is blank  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Shdwdrgn

First page of subject list is blank
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
When any user logs in to view their mailbox, any folder which has more than $pagesize number of emails will show the message "No messages found in this mailbox" on the first page. The bottom of the screen correctly shows the number of messages in the mailbox, and if the user goes to the next page, those emails will be shown. This is occuring in any folder, including the inbox. The issue also occurs regardless of which column I sort messages by.

Current software: rcmail 1.0-beta2; mysql 5.0.21; php 5.1.6; apache 2.2.2

The issue started in an earlier version of rcmail, and I have not been able to recover from it since. Last night I deleted the mySQL database and created a new one using mysql5.initial.sql. I downloaded rcmail 1.0-beta2 and updated the two config files, yet the issue still persists. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as I'm not sure what else to look at.

Offline Shdwdrgn

Re: First page of subject list is blank
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:23:40 AM »
*BUMP*

Still hoping to find an answer to this issue. It is occurring for all of my users that try to use the web interface. As I said before, I performed a clean install of the latest rcmail, including creating a new database, but this issue is still persisting. Any suggestions?

Offline Shdwdrgn

Re: First page of subject list is blank
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:30:11 AM »
Why is it that you can never find an answer until shortly after you make a public announcement? Ah well, I found the problem, and everything is working perfectly again...

For the record, here's what happened. In June I had a drive crash, and had to restore all of the user folders from backup. For some strange reason, all of the restored files became owned by root. Roundcube (and thunderbird) were detecting that there were a number of files in the folders that couldn't be read, and seem to stumble over what to do in that case. In my situation, every folder that contained emails with permissions set to root, the first page of emails would be displayed in rcmail as a blank list. After a recursive chown, everything appears to be working great in rcmail again.

As a side note, I was also noticing incredibly long load times for every page (sometimes well over 1 minute) even though my server had very little load. This problem has now gone away completely, and I am seeing mailboxes with over 1000 emails loading in about 4 seconds. I am assuming that rcmail (or maybe my local courier-imap?) was hanging up trying to gain access to the mis-owned files.