Roundcube Community Forum

Install fails for me.

Started by staticnz, July 07, 2006, 06:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticnz

After installing the 0.1 beta, and doing all the required configuration, I go to the directory via a browser and get this error:

Warning: main(include/rcube_shared.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.bartlett/staticr/staticreality.co.nz/roundcube/index.php on line 73

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'include/rcube_shared.inc' (include_path='/dh/cgi-system/:/dh/cgi-system/program:/dh/cgi-system/program/lib:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.bartlett/staticr/staticreality.co.nz/roundcube/index.php on line 73

Any ideas on how to fix this?

kidmock

check your permissions. Make sure the user your web server owns the files.

staticnz

I just set all the permissions for the roundcube folder and its contents to 755. Same error :(

staticnz

No, what finally worked just now was manually setting the $INSTALL_PATH in index.php

Weird that it didn't sort itself out automatically though.

kidmock

Just a hunch. But I'm guessing it has to do with the dot (making your home directory hidden) in your path.

I'd be interested to see if this is reproducible.

staticnz

in case it helps, this is happening on Dreamhost hosting.

JJP0223

I am also using Dreamhost and have ran into the same problem. I am hosting the domain at http://mydomain.com/mail, and I was wondering what I should set the $INSTALL_PATH to, and which one I should change?

flosoft

INSTALL_PATH was fixed in Rev. 274.

occamsrazor

I'm also having a similar problem with error:

Warning: main(include/rcube_shared.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bpcurt2/public_html/roundcubemail/index.php on line 79

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'include/rcube_shared.inc' (include_path='/home/bpcurt2/public_html/roundcubemail/:/home/bpcurt2/public_html/roundcubemail/program:/home/bpcurt2/public_html/roundcubemail/program/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bpcurt2/public_html/roundcubemail/index.php on line 79

I've checked and the permissions are 777.

One thing I didn't understand is in the Install instructions here:

http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/wiki/Howto_Install

It says things like "The two files are in the "/config/" directory of Roundcube" and "Next we execute the SQL file found in the "/SQL/" directory in Roundcube" but the roundcube files I downloaded here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/roundcubemail/roundcubemail-0.1beta2.tar.gz?download

are all in one single directory with no sub-directories...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

Ben

daashag

Did you do untar or unzip the file?

(using WinZip? or "tar xvfz roundcubemail-0.1beta.tar.gz)

occamsrazor

I used IZArc on Windows... but have other programs I can try...
So you are saying there SHOULD be sub-directories within the roundcubemail folder?

Many thanks, Ben

daashag

definitely try using winrar it will read a tar file

occamsrazor

All I can so is... Doh!
Yes Winrar did the trick and I now have sub-directories. Will try it again.
Many thanks for your help....
Regards,
Ben