Author Topic: Which mailserver to use  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Hiob86

Which mailserver to use
« on: May 26, 2011, 03:19:08 AM »
Hi all,

I am new in this forum and new to roundcube.
I am currently using scalix as my mailserver, which became to difficult to support. So i am looking for alternatives and a simple mailserver like exim should be enought for me.
I used roundcube in the early day's and missed some good stuff like user management. Is this now possible and which mailserver did i need to get that. If it is only the ability to change the password but i have to create the users manually, i can live with that.
So, what configuration did yo recommend to get this working?

Hiob

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Which mailserver to use
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:44:28 AM »
There is still no real user management plugins that I know of (there is a register plugin for hmailserver) but there is a password change plugin that supports all of the common methods (sql, sasl, poppassd, ldap, directadmin, cpanel, ximms, virtualmin, hmail, pam, chpasswd) You can look at the current list of RoundCube plugins at: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Repository

Offline euzen

Which mailserver to use
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »
Hi,

any solutions on this I using roundcube 0.71 and follow the step to do virtualmin change password but it doesn't work.

Offline alfagius

Re: Which mailserver to use
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
I personally just threw my exim/dovecot out the window, and switched to hmailserver with Roundcube, with a WAMP backend.

Of course it runs on Windows, but at this point I don't care :)

hmail is simplicity itself, free, tiny (install file is 2.98MB) and flexible as hell.

Works like a dream <3

Offline Volnhar_Neq

Re: Which mailserver to use
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
Yeah for Windows and a free solution you can't go past hmail. I used to use it on my WHSv1 set up for a number of years until I found I had to many issues using IIS and Apache with PHP on windows.

I then moved over to Ubuntu Server, so now I use Postfix+Dovecot for mail.

But I never had any troubles with hmail.