Author Topic: update.sh creates corrupted config files  (Read 2653 times)

Offline snowweb

update.sh creates corrupted config files
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »
I upgraded to RC 0.5.2 but when I ran the update.sh it backs up the two files main.inc.php and db.inc.php ok, but replaced them with almost empty copies!

This is the directory listing
drwxr-xr-x  2 www-data www-data  4096 May 25 09:17 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 www-data www-data  4096 May 19 09:52 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data    31 Sep 25  2005 .htaccess
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data  2347 May 25 09:13 db.old.php
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data    50 May 25 09:13 db.inc.php
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data 18732 May 25 09:13 main.old.php
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data    50 May 25 09:13 main.inc.php
-rw-r--r--  1 www-data www-data  2392 Aug  8  2009 mimetypes.php

The new files, appear to no longer be ASCII files as when I try to open them in VI, I get an error.

Obviously RC fails with a message about being unable to find main.inc.php after running this script.

I need to run this script in order to fix the following error in the RC error log:

DB Error: MDB2 Error: no such field Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: INSERT INTO identities (changed, `name`, `organization`, `reply-to`, `bcc`, `standard`, `signature`, `html_signature`, `email`, user_id) VALUES (now(), 'John Smith', 'Example Company', '', '', '1', '', 0, 'john@example.com', '235')] [Native code: 1054] [Native message: Unknown column 'changed' in 'field list']  in /var/www/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.5.2/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 642 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=save-identity)

I believe some of the database table structure might have changed and need a fix. Actually I upgraded some days ago and although the update script created the corrupted files, I just restored my originals and thought it was all ok but it seems not as I just noticed the errors today.

Note that I selected [0.5.1] for the thread prefix, as an entry for 0.5.2 does not yet seem to have been created. This is concerning my upgrade from RC 0.5.0 to 0.5.2.

Regards,

Peter

Offline snowweb

Follow-up - additional info
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »
When I run ./bin/update.sh, this is the output:

peter@neptune:/var/www/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.5.2$ sudo ./bin/update.sh
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613/pdo_pgsql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613/pdo_pgsql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613/pgsql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613/pgsql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
WARNING: Replaced config options:
(These config options have been replaced or renamed)
- 'imap_root' was replaced by 'imap_ns_personal'

Do you want me to fix your local configuration? (y/N)
y
. backing up the current config files...
. writing /var/www/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.5.2/config/main.inc.php...
. writing /var/www/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.5.2/config/main.db.php...
Done.
Your configuration files are now up-to-date!

peter@neptune:/var/www/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.5.2$

I'm suspecting the errors above are concerning libraries for Postgres. Is that right? If so then this should not effect the overall success of the script right, since we use MySQL?

It seems that the script ends abruptly after it's corrupted the config files and never checks the database. Doesn't give any clue that it failed as the last message it gives me is "Your configuration files are now up-to-date!" - this is a bit miss-leading since it hasn't even checked the database and examination of the script shows that that should be happening next.

Offline alec

update.sh creates corrupted config files
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:42:41 AM »
PHP Startup warnings are from your PHP installation. Script has nothing to this. You should fix your PHP installation/configuration.