Author Topic: Signature not working  (Read 6314 times)

Offline gerol80

Signature not working
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:12:05 AM »
Hello everybody,

I've set up a new RoundCube installation but I can't get my signature working and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Here's what I did:

• Entered a signature in "Identities" / "Signature" ("HTML signature" is not checked)
  • Under "Preferences" / "Composing Messages" I selected
    • Automatically add signature --> Yes
    • When replying or forwarding place signature --> Above the quote
    • When replying remove original signature from message --> checked

But when I compose a new message, the signature is not displayed. The input field is completely empty. From HTML code:
Code: [Select]
<textarea name=&quot;_message&quot; id=&quot;compose-body&quot; cols=&quot;70&quot; rows=&quot;20&quot; tabindex=&quot;9&quot;></textarea>
Also when I answer a message, the signature is not added. Additionally, the "Insert signature" button is greyed out so that I cannot add the signature manually.

Am I missing something in the configuration? Or could there be another reason why the signature does not work?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,
    Oliver

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Signature not working
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »
Is there anything in the error log?

Offline gerol80

Signature not working
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
Hi,

I've activated all debug outputs but couldn't find anything interesting about the signature when I composed a new mail. I was running RoundCube 0.5.2 (the last version Debian was giving me). I tried manually installing version 0.5.3 and here it works. Was there a problem with the JavaScript that adds the signature in version 0.5.2?

By the way – the log file contains a lot of errors like
Code: [Select]
roundcube: PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 393

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
Signature not working
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:20:58 AM »
If anything was going to show up in the log it would have been when you we're adding the signature. Because you where using RoundCube from the Debian repository my guess is you where missing a library need by RoundCube (By default RoundCube when download from the roundcube.net includes all of the necessary libraries but versions in repositories don't include them).

Offline gerol80

Signature not working
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
Hi,

in fact at the end I only exchanged the one .js file containing the JavaScript that adds the signature to the message, so that my installation is basically still a 0.5.2 version. And it also works this way now. So I suppose that the problem really was in the JavaScript code.

By the way: I tried it with IE 8 and the latest Firefox and Opera releases. It didn't work in any of them before and works in all of them now.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
Signature not working
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »
Interesting it works fine for me so maybe its was corrupted some how.