Author Topic: "connection to IMAP server failed" PREFIX unknown  (Read 3907 times)

Offline john@uhs

"connection to IMAP server failed" PREFIX unknown
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »
I get that message when I try to acess my email account online through roundcube webmail. My hosting service--4Dwebhosting--uses roundcube as it's webmail service (we go to "http://webmail.4dwebhosting.com" and it has the roundcube logo, etc).  All of our accounts get that same message.

We also cannot download our messages via our mail programs--Outlook Express on one computer and via Firefox on another computer.

This has lasted for 2+ days now, though just discovered 12 hours ago. We can login into our account at 4dwebhosting. Not getting a response from 4dwebhosting yet. But it sounds like a problem accessing roundcube servers, though I'm not clear of the interrelationship between the host and roundcube. Nor can I interpret what the "IMAP served failed" message means.

Can anyone suggest something or clarify what this problem might be so that we can proceed rather than merely waiting for our host service to respond? Can roundcube do something for us?

Thanks.
jmschwarz@usfamily.net

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
"connection to IMAP server failed" PREFIX unknown
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:01:17 AM »
RoundCube is just software not a mail service, your host is running RoundCube and the problem is with there mail server or configuration. Unfortunately without access the only thing you can do is wait for them to fix it.