Author Topic: Attachments on multiple webmail interfaces (load balancing)  (Read 5830 times)

Offline virtualtec

Hi all,

I have set up roundcube on 3 servers with the same hostname but different IPs.

webmail.domain.com ->
server 1: 192.168.66.167
server 2: 192.168.64.9
server 3: 192.168.64.10

Everything seems to be working fine except for sending emails with attachments. Roundcube by default saves the files in the file system. Since we do the load balancing with DNS it is not stiky and the Browser can at any time decide to access a different server. The problem is that when a user uploads an attachment onto server 1 and later tries to send the email from server 2 the webmail can't find the file since it is on server 1.

Example:
1. User accesses webmail.domain.com (server 1) and uploads an attachment
2. Roundcube stores the file on server 1
3. User tries to send the email with the attachment from webmail.domain.com (server 2)
4. Roundcube tries to get the file from server 2. It cannot find the attachment and returns an error.

Is there any plugin out there for storing attachments in the database? Do you have any other suggestion on what i could do?

We plan to launch the roundcube webmail pretty soon so i hope I can soon find a solution.

Cheers,
Ben

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Attachments on multiple webmail interfaces (load balancing)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »
Check out the database_attachments plugin that comes with RoundCube, it should be exactly what your looking for.