Author Topic: Still have two issues.  (Read 4856 times)

Offline dirkomatic

Still have two issues.
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »
I downloaded the SVN last night (11/20.2006) and I still have my two main issues...

The messages list doesn't refresh when new messages are received. (Yes, I have disabled caching...)

When composing a new mail, If I tab into the body, the cursor position moves to the end of the signature instead of the beginning...

Offline sandlizardz

Re: Still have two issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
To have the page refresh all by itself automatically, that is very nice an very easy.
Copy and paste it into the proper files to reload. Once in there, change the number of seconds you wish the page to wait before starting the reloading process. This code goes in between the HEAD tags.

Here's the code:

Code: [Select]
<META HTTP-EQUIV=&quot;refresh&quot; CONTENT=&quot;15&quot;>
Right now, the command is set to reload every 15 seconds. I checked a couple of online sites and they were all set about the same. I found the sites displaying stock information were set to around five minutes or 300 seconds.
Integrity is a mindset that guides our personal and professional behavior requiring honesty, trustworthiness and character!

http://www.sandlizardz.com

Offline sandlizardz

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 02:24:55 PM »
Here is another thread which your first problem is: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=918.msg3972#msg3972
Integrity is a mindset that guides our personal and professional behavior requiring honesty, trustworthiness and character!

http://www.sandlizardz.com

Offline zdestiny

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 03:58:49 PM »
Where can i download the latest SVN snapshot? The latest one is 351 in the sticky.

Offline daashag

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 04:07:36 PM »

Offline dirkomatic

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »
I suppose that will work, but I would much rather not have to reload the entire page. You should be able to just refresh the list. Think about it... The number next to the inbox changes automatically, but not the messages list. It should be able to update the list without a refresh of the entire HTML page.

Offline Izzmo

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:34:27 PM »
I've found that it does refresh the message list, it just doesn't download the messages. It like only counts the number of NEW headers. Very strange.

Offline kevenages

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 04:01:21 PM »
Quote from: dirkomatic
I suppose that will work, but I would much rather not have to reload the entire page. You should be able to just refresh the list. Think about it... The number next to the inbox changes automatically, but not the messages list. It should be able to update the list without a refresh of the entire HTML page.

I'm having the same issue and the meta refresh is highly inefficient there is no way I'm using it.

The entire point of using AJAX calls is to avoid refresh if you leave your mail app open all day and have it refreshing every 15 seconds, that makes no sense. It's refreshing even if no new mail is recieved.

Anyone figure a workaround for this?