Author Topic: Thunderbird can create/manage folders. Roundcube will not.  (Read 3808 times)

Offline RajuT

Thunderbird can create/manage folders. Roundcube will not.
« on: July 06, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »
This is really strange - I am running dovecot IMAP - On Roundcube, when I click Settings -> Folders -> Plus Sign at bottom of folder column, nothing happens - literally nothing. I click one of the default folders (i.e. Trash) and it highlights, but nothing comes up on the right pane.

I then used Thunderbird to log into the same dovecot IMAP server and I could create folders (same user account). When I refreshed roundcube I could see the new folders. Again, I could highlight them, but nothing on the right pane. When I highlight the new folders and click on the gear symbol (bottom of column), the two options Delete and Empty are gray.

I dragged one of the new folders into the trash and roundcube just sits there spinning. Looking in Thunderbird I can see that the folder moved into the trash.

I have gone thru my main.inc.php looking for an option that may have bee accidentally turned off but I don't see anything.

Please help.

Thank you!

Raju

(FYI - I have spent a better part of today searching for a solution - if I've missed it somewhere, please let me know.)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
Any errors in the error log? Are you using any plugins?

Offline RajuT

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »
Absolutely nothing in the logs. It acts like it never calls anything at all.

I switched most of the logs to true and looked - absolutely no entries. This is very strange.

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:09 AM »
Check javascript console in your browser.

Offline RajuT

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:05:21 AM »
There are no Javascript errors. I've tried both Firefox and IE.

The rest of roundcube is working perfectly - only folders. This leads me to think that there is an option that turns-off folder management somewhere(?).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:12:54 AM by RajuT »

Offline RajuT

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »
My apologies - I forgot to answer a previous question - I'm not running any plugins.