Author Topic: configure issues with Global Addressbook (JohnDoh)  (Read 5377 times)

Offline jpeters

configure issues with Global Addressbook (JohnDoh)
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:36:22 AM »
Hello, i have roundcube running with the plugin... some things does not work / settings are ignored.

1. the user globaladdresbook@d
2. readonly mode of addressbook
3. allow groups in global addresbook
4. administrator of addressbook

import of csv addressbook does not work. (export of current contacts in Roundcube DataBase)..
i think the layout of csv is not correct.. but i dont know / cant see / read wat the layout of the csv file must be.

some settings does work
1. make copy of contact and not move

Offline jpeters

Re: configure issues with Global Addressbook (JohnDoh)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:03:20 AM »
in the error.log i found this.

[06-Jan-2016 01:09:11 +0100]: PHP Error: Failed to load config from /home/<hoster>/http/premium/rid/35/41/52603541/htdocs/<domain_name>/www/testdrive/webmail/plugins/globaladdressbook/config.inc.php in /mnt/webc/a3/41/52603541/htdocs/<domain_name>/www/testdrive/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin.php on line 121 (GET /?_task=addressbook&_source=global&_page=1&_action=list&_remote=1&_unlock=loading1452038948844&_=1452038948845)

<domain_name> and <hoster> is adjusted by me...

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:20:14 AM »
Are you modifying the config.inc.php (not the config.inc.php.dist) file in the global address book plugin folder?

Offline jpeters

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »
i am modify the config.inc.php file..

the client is running Roundcube 0.9.2.

in a test setting, i install roundcube 1.1.4 and with some adjustmunts it works.

some settings are needed between '  '.. some settings not..
that is not documentated..

i am talking with the client to complete renew the current roundcube version for this.
but for now.. with the current version it does not work ..
globbal addressbook is available.. but every user can edit, no groups possible.

1 thing i miss... prevent users to copy contact from global to personal.. because of copy.. when the contact in global is changed.. the contact does not change in personal (its a copy).

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 07:00:07 AM »
It looks like there is a few differnt problems here. First. It you were trying to use version 1.9 of the plugin with Roundcube 0.9.x then that is not gonig to work. It says quite clearly here https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book/releases that 1.9 is for Roundcube 1.0 and above. For Roundcube 0.9.x I think you'd need this version https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book/releases/tag/v0.9.3. One of the reasons you are getting errors will be that the whole config structure of Roundcube changed between versions 0.9 and 1.0.

some settings are needed between '  '.. some settings not..
that is not documentated..
You are correct that I have not written that in the readme anywhere. I assumed that any one who is installing a PHP application will know PHP. I'm not sure how else to explain that.

1 thing i miss... prevent users to copy contact from global to personal.. because of copy.. when the contact in global is changed.. the contact does not change in personal (its a copy).
Since version 1.9 of the plugin there is an option to force all contacts to be coppied from the globaladdressbook to any other (rather than move, so things dont get deleted from the globaladdressbook). Is that what you are talking about?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦