Author Topic: Message label plugin  (Read 28242 times)

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »
Available version 1.0.

Offline Tayku

Message label plugin
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
Thanks alot! :) The labels are displayed now in my Roundcube installation. That’s quite nice. Manual deselecting from labels works, too.
If it’s possible to add a manual way for setting labels, the plugin would be perfect to me. :cool:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:48:45 AM by Tayku »

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 03:28:17 PM »
Quote from: Tayku;36033
If it’s possible to add a manual way for setting labels, the plugin would be perfect to me. :cool:

Use dran n drop, for manual setting labels, how move for folder :)

Offline Tayku

Message label plugin
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »
Ah, very nice. :) It makes this plugin perfect in functionality. Maybe I even give up on Thunderbird at home.

I discovered a (display) bug. When I clear the last label for a mail, it vanishes from the current folder list. But it’s not deleted, as a folder’s refresh shows. Can you confirm the behaviour? This is kind of irritating (and it first I thought where the h… is my mail?).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:37:05 PM by Tayku »

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 03:16:06 AM »
Quote from: Tayku;36042
I discovered a (display) bug. When I clear the last label for a mail, it vanishes from the current folder list. But it’s not deleted, as a folder’s refresh shows. Can you confirm the behaviour? This is kind of irritating (and it first I thought where the h… is my mail?).

If I have correctly understood about what you. It's not bug. When you remove labels from labels search, it delete from this vfolder, but message not delete from real folder. I make it how in gmail.

If you select message in vfolder, automatic selecting real folder on folder menu, where the given letter is located.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:21:31 AM by umount »

Offline Tayku

Message label plugin
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
Strange … now the bug is vanished. It really was not(!) in a vfolder but in a real folder, where I played with adding and removing labels via drag&drop. Maybe it’s because I used labels created with an older version of the plugin. With some new added labels it’s all fine. :)

The automatic real folder selection is a helpful bit of information. Thank you. Now I think the plugin is quite complete. I just have to come up with some appropriate managing system for all of my mails …

Offline xrxca

Message label plugin
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
Nice idea, but I have a couple problems with it.

1. What if I want more than one rule to get the same Label?
ie: if I get emails from big@brother.com and little@sister.com, and want them BOTH flagged as Family.  If I add two rules for "Family" I get two separate labels, not one "Family" label that will include both (I could manually drop each message onto the Family label, but that defeats the purpose of having rules.

2. It is not obvious how to manually set the label (I found that dragging onto the label worked, but I have a LOT of folders so always have to scroll the folders list down to see the labels.  A dropdown menu added to the toolbar to select a label would be nice.

3. If I have been in one of the label views, and return to the Inbox, if I delete the label from a message, the message disappears.   If I delete a label when I haven't been into the label views (just regular inbox) then message stays as it should (just the label is dropped)

4. When I remove a label from a message by clicking it then later decide it should have had that label and add it back on by dropping the message onto the label, the message will not show up when I click the label under the folders. (Once label removed it will never show up in the search for that label even if the label is added back on.)

Offline xrxca

Message label plugin
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 07:15:55 PM »
Quote from: Tayku;36059
Strange … now the bug is vanished. It really was not(!) in a vfolder but in a real folder

I think I ran into the same thing, if you switch FROM a vfolder back to a real folder then remove the label the message vanishes (it's like a flag isn't being cleared when you go back to a real folder.)

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:49 AM »
Quote from: xrxca;36061
I think I ran into the same thing, if you switch FROM a vfolder back to a real folder then remove the label the message vanishes (it's like a flag isn't being cleared when you go back to a real folder.)

Fix this error update plugin :)

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 03:06:20 AM »
Quote from: xrxca;36060
Nice idea, but I have a couple problems with it.

ie: if I get emails from big@brother.com and little@sister.com, and want them BOTH flagged as Family.  If I add two rules for "Family" I get two separate labels, not one "Family" label that will include both (I could manually drop each message onto the Family label, but that defeats the purpose of having rules.

2. It is not obvious how to manually set the label (I found that dragging onto the label worked, but I have a LOT of folders so always have to scroll the folders list down to see the labels.  A dropdown menu added to the toolbar to select a label would be nice.

4. When I remove a label from a message by clicking it then later decide it should have had that label and add it back on by dropping the message onto the label, the message will not show up when I click the label under the folders. (Once label removed it will never show up in the search for that label even if the label is added back on.)

That's right it is written, I will try to make your suggestions. Thank you.

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:10 AM »

Fix this error update plugin.

Offline Tayku

Message label plugin
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 10:21:25 AM »
Ok, it seems that the plugin is not quite perfect, but at least the basic features are in. That is more than in e.g. Thunderbird. umount, keep up the good work! :)

I agree, that’s a disadvantage. It would be better with more or-related conditions. And then you stumble about the necessary feature for and-related conditions … but it’s true, you would need both: “and” and “or”.

Also, as you can add messages manually to labels, there should be an option to manually create a label that doesn’t rely on any condition. It’s pointless if I have to add a condition when I don’t want to label message automatically at all.

That’s right, but I see this as a cosmetic feature, since the functionality is already there.

Offline umount

Message label plugin
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »

Add label list for add in markmessagemenu

Offline nuclearping

Re: Message label plugin
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
Hello!

We recently stumbled across this plugin and tested it.

It works great so far and we are very satisfied. Thanks for the great work! :)

One thing we miss tho: Is there a possibility to enable "threaded view" when displaying a "label folder"? Now RoundCube always jumps back to default "list view" when displaying a "label folder" and clicking on the "threaded view" icon.

I hope I explained my problem good enough. If not please look at the screenshot. It should clarify what I mean. :)

Offline Calaad

Re: Message label plugin
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »
Hi,

I know it's et very old post and a very old plugin but i love it.

Since 1.1 update, i can't delete label on a message. It give an error pop up :

UID STORE: Error in IMAP command UID STORE: Invalid uidset

I can add label without any problem.

I post on umount github (https://github.com/umount/message_label/issues/25) but it seems like he isn't anymore there.

I try to watch in the code but i think it's above my poor php skills...

If somebody understand where the problem come from.

Thank by advance !