Author Topic: Password - Virtualmin driver  (Read 8498 times)

Offline alcsilian

Password - Virtualmin driver
« on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:53 AM »
Hello guys. So I installed roundcube-0.4 (that's the version that the theme i bought require). Activated all stuff... But I only have this problem, the password changing.... I took the last password plugin, but it refuse to work.

I have this error: PHP Error: Password plugin: Unable to execute /usr/share/roundcubemail-0.4/plugins/password/drivers/chgvirtualminpasswd in /usr/share/roundcubemail-0.4/plugins/password/drivers/virtualmin.php on line 67 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save?_task=&_action=)

Notice the chgvirtualminpasswd works if you invoke it in terminal: ./chgvirtualminpasswd modify-user ....etc.

Anyone can provide some help please?

I really don't know what to do, except jumping from the 5'th  floor!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
My guess would be that php doesn't have the permissions to execute that command.

Offline alcsilian

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
even virtualmin.php has 777 permission.  still the same error:

PHP Error: Password plugin: Unable to execute /usr/share/roundcubemail-0.4/plugins/password/drivers/chgvirtualminpasswd in /usr/share/roundcubemail-0.4/plugins/password/drivers/virtualmin.php on line 67 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save?_task=&_action=).

Any coder would like to help?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »
PHP and Apache run under a different user that most likely doesn't have access to the chgvirtualminpasswd command. To test that make a new PHP document with:
exec('');
?>
And see if it executes.

Offline euzen

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:24:35 PM »
Hi,

any solutions on this I using roundcube 0.71 and follow the step to do virtualmin change password but it doesn't work.

Offline nielse

Re: Password - Virtualmin driver
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »
Hi,

this is a fairly old post, but let's give this a go:

i'm experiencing the same problem. running the website in FCGID mode (run as virtual server owner).
i tried different chown options and chmod all up to 777

chown domainowner.domainowner chgvirtualminpasswd
chown root.domainowner chgvirtualminpasswd

also downloaded latest binaries from github, all to no avail.

my error message is:

[18-Sep-2012 20:31:30 +0200]: PHP Error: Password plugin: Unable to execute /home/test-mail1/public_html/plugins/password/helpers/chgvirtualminpasswd in /home/test-mail1/public_html/plugins/password/drivers/virtualmin.php on line 73 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save?_task=&_action=)

no error messages in apache error log.

would any one be so kind to share some tips on how to get this to work?

thanks in advance!

niels